The Official Twitch TV Thread

dBoyFresh*212

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
the coli
I had el gato but had stream delay so I returned it. If you get one that is PCI-E it has little to no delay (avermedia)

I don't care if it's lil delAy I'll be playing on the tv. The tv doesn't have delay right? I want the USB one I need it to work for imac

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I had el gato but had stream delay so I returned it. If you get one that is PCI-E it has little to no delay (avermedia)
So... with a capture card, you can stream directly to Twitch/Youtube right? If you're using one on a console, do you have to set it up with an external harddrive to save gameplay?

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
So... with a capture card, you can stream directly to Twitch/Youtube right? If you're using one on a console, do you have to set it up with an external harddrive to save gameplay?
Ill be home in a lil to help you

Thread just got me :mjcry: dboy wanted me to call him before he passed :mjcry: i never got to it :mjcry:

afterlife2009

Superstar
Daps
i could use help too with setting up streams cause i heard about audio delay. ^

i have an el gato and a mac. heard pc is better though for streaming :patrice:

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
@itsyoung!!

The latest PS4 update enabled 720p/60fps streaming to both Twitch and Youtube. It's smooth af.

Only downside is, when you stream in this quality, it disables the console's recording feature. So I can't save quick gameplay clips when I pull off some :gladbron: shyt.

I'm thinking about copping a capture card just to record gameplay, and just use the console for the 720p/60fps streaming. What's the best way to accomplish this? I just want to be able to grab the last 5 minutes of gameplay... can I do this with just the capture card?

My PS4's in the mancave and I'm not going to move it up to the office, so that's why I'm asking.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
@itsyoung!!

The latest PS4 update enabled 720p/60fps streaming to both Twitch and Youtube. It's smooth af.

Only downside is, when you stream in this quality, it disables the console's recording feature. So I can't save quick gameplay clips when I pull off some :gladbron: shyt.

I'm thinking about copping a capture card just to record gameplay, and just use the console for the 720p/60fps streaming. What's the best way to accomplish this? I just want to be able to grab the last 5 minutes of gameplay... can I do this with just the capture card?

My PS4's in the mancave and I'm not going to move it up to the office, so that's why I'm asking.
Your vods/clips automatically save to twitch.tv so why would you need to save them to your own hard drive ? Can just download the vod from twitch and chop it up.

If you got a capture card you could just use your PC to record the game play as well but itll lag your stream probably

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Your vods/clips automatically save to twitch.tv so why would you need to save them to your own hard drive ? Can just download the vod from twitch and chop it up.

If you got a capture card you could just use your PC to record the game play as well but itll lag your stream probably
My streams can be long af breh, like 5 hours+ and it would be time consuming going back through hours of archived footage to grab a few minutes of action.

I would like having the option to save quick clips for highlight purposes. Maybe I'll just have to time stamp stuff during the stream when I do it. The ideal thing would be for me to be able to stream 720p/60fps directly from PS4, and have a capture card with a quick save feature for clips that would save to an external HDD.

The clips recorded on the capture card go to an external HDD, and then I have the 5 minute clips to go through and chop up on my PC. The Elgato's I've seen all require a PC being connected to it though, looking for one that would be able to just record to an external drive...

Tic Tac T O

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TORONTO!
@GoldenGlove Virtua Fighter FS was added to backward compatibility on XB1 today. You should cop an XB1S and stream yourself getting worked by my Sarah like old times :lolbron: