The Official Track & Field Thread - RIP Rebecca Cheptegei

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
will be interesting to see what gabby thomas and steiner can do or if jamaicans will go 1,2,3 again. 200m is not really shelly's best event. Shericka should be the fav and the way thompson-herah is running gabby thomas and steiner might get 2nd and third or even gold
IIRC, due to injury, Gabby Thomas isn't competing at the World Championships.

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps

My memory is foggy on this, but I heard something about the doping protocols in underdeveloped countries being more lenient or some shyt. They found one Jamaican test center unkempt with samples all over the place. Saw it when I was researching on the Marion Jones incident

Isn’t Bolts coach a chemist or some shyt like that?

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
My memory is foggy on this, but I heard something about the doping protocols in underdeveloped countries being more lenient or some shyt. They found one Jamaican test center unkempt with samples all over the place. Saw it when I was researching on the Marion Jones incident

Isn’t Bolts coach a chemist or some shyt like that?

Glen Mills isn't a chemist, he's been a life long track coach.

And the testing is the same all over the world. You let them know your location and they come see you during a certain window and if you aren't there you get a violation (see Chris Coleman). Jamaica is severely underfunded in sports, there is no way they have the capital to do what the Russians or Americans were doing in the 80s. It's just genetics and better training, and more stringent drug testing protocols for all so the playing field is more level. We had some sprint queens in the 90s but they never got gold, the current generation is the off shoot of that. Big up to Merlene Ottey, Juliet Cuthbert.

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps

And the testing is the same all over the world. You let them know your location and they come see you during a certain window and if you aren't there you get a violation (see Chris Coleman). Jamaica is severely underfunded in sports, there is no way they have the capital to do what the Russians or Americans were doing in the 80s. It's just genetics and better training, and more stringent drug testing protocols for all so the playing field is more level. We had some sprint queens in the 90s but they never got gold, the current generation is the off shoot of that. Big up to Merlene Ottey, Juliet Cuthbert.

I’m talking about Angel Hernandez

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
I’m talking about Angel Hernandez

Who?

C'mon man, you pulled that up from an article written by a mad Cac 10 years ago, couldn't stomach the idea of a Jamaican dominating sprinting. He even used quotes by Carl Lewis in his article, a dude who if USA actually enforced their drug testing would never have had a career.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Who?

C'mon man, you pulled that up from an article written by a mad Cac 10 years ago, couldn't stomach the idea of a Jamaican dominating sprinting. He even used quotes by Carl Lewis in his article, a dude who if USA actually enforced their drug testing would never have had a career.
:pachaha:

Here we go

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Who?

jamaicans have always dominated track

cats acting like linford christie, donovan bailey weren't jamaicans

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
Who?

I honestly do believe all high level athletes are on drugs or some forms of PED. Eventually the more talented ones will stand out more than the others.

Just look at Liverpool and their asthma patients :mjlol:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

Blake Carter Powell

Campbell-Brown Simpson

Just saying :hubie:

triplehate

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ECU
Steroids only seem to come up after the Jamaicans win some shyt. That's fukked up. And I'm actually pro steroids but I notice the patterns from people