The Official Track & Field Thread - RIP Rebecca Cheptegei

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
I wonder what happened to USA women's sprinting. At least when it comes to the 100M. USA still is doing OK in the 200M (Gabby Thomas, Abby Steiner)

USA used to have Wilma Rudolph, Wyomia Tyus, Evelyn Ashford, FloJo, Gail Devers, Gwen Torrence, Marion Jones (*yeah, I know lol*), Carmelita Jeter, etc.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Steroids only seem to come up after the Jamaicans win some shyt. That's fukked up. And I'm actually pro steroids but I notice the patterns from people
It comes up all the time. I mean all of us were just talking shyt about this anomaly of a gold medalist from Italy dipping out the competition outta no where. We talk shyt about an unathletic China somehow competing in sprints…oly sports and steroid talk go together like peanut butter and jelly. It is what it is

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I wonder what happened to USA women's sprinting. At least when it comes to the 100M. USA still is doing OK in the 200M (Gabby Thomas, Abby Steiner)

USA used to have Wilma Rudolph, Wyomia Tyus, Evelyn Ashford, FloJo, Gail Devers, Gwen Torrence, Marion Jones (*yeah, I know lol*), Carmelita Jeter, etc.
We thin in the 4 as well, people who could compete in it RN specialize elsewhere - Mu and Sydney. But yea, not sure how we can’t put up some real stars in the 100, even if they lose to Jamaica we should have a couple dominant US runners. That crop rotates every year it seems

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Steroids only seem to come up after the Jamaicans win some shyt. That's fukked up. And I'm actually pro steroids but I notice the patterns from people

It's mainly from fans of the athletes/countries who didn't win. :manny:

Thermonuclear performances out of nowhere is usually the starting point of when suspicion begins in the media.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
It comes up all the time. I mean all of us were just talking shyt about this anomaly of a gold medalist from Italy dipping out the competition outta no where. We talk shyt about an unathletic China somehow competing in sprints…oly sports and steroid talk go together like peanut butter and jelly. It is what it is

Exactly.

When the Chinese women started breaking the middle and long distance track world records back in the mid 90's. They got the side eye from people. And it turned out to be true.

Cycling Swimming and Track & Field have such a long history with it. It will always be bought up when athletes show too much dominance.

triplehate

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ECU
I just be trying make sure I ain't no steroid gatekeeper I'm 40 so all the athletes that got me into track was steroided up. So if somebody getting away with it now, let them nikkas eat b. I wanna see records fall.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

Shelly Ann and Elaine , just like how when jamaica had a prime bolt and blake and powell

us hasn't won gold since 1996, but they had runners after like jeter, bowie, lauryn williams who were constant podium performers at the olympics and world championships

jefferson is young and ran a 10.82 this year

triplehate

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ECU
Was Shelly Ann looking at the video board when she was running to see where the other girls was at? That's the first time I've seen someone do that in a 100m

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I just be trying make sure I ain't no steroid gatekeeper I'm 40 so all the athletes that got me into track was steroided up. So if somebody getting away with it now, let them nikkas eat b. I wanna see records fall.

Isn't just steroids its blood doping which is more prevalent in the middle and long distance events. Blood doping has been around since the 80's.

Back at the 2011 World Championships. When they studied the failed drug tests they found women were blood doping more than men were.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Blake Carter Powell

Campbell-Brown Simpson

Just saying :hubie:

Shelly failed a drugs test too if u wanna run wild(a pain killer for a tooth ache)

Blake failed for a decongestant.

Find me a prominent Jamaican doping like Gatlin, Carl Lewis, Flo Jo, Marion Jones, Tyson Gay, Tim Montgomery, Maurice Greene etc etc etc

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps

Yup. The USA men swept the 100m and not a peep.

Next day a tiny third world country sweeps the women's 100m and when does doping come up? shyt is hilarious. If you ever tried to do business in Jamaica you'd know how unorganized and undisciplined we are, no way we could do what BALCO, Lance Armstrong etc were doing to pass drug tests time and time again.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
I honestly do believe all high level athletes are on drugs or some forms of PED. Eventually the more talented ones will stand out more than the others.

Just look at Liverpool and their asthma patients :mjlol:

I'm sure they are all finding ways to have an edge and what is legal today may be banned tomorrow. But I know there is no way in hell Shelly Ann has access to shyt that Sha'carri and her coach Justin Gatlin can't get their hands on. It's just Shelly runs and her angel wings propel her forward, Sha'carri runs and her timberlands hold her back

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Shelly failed a drugs test too if u wanna run wild(a pain killer for a tooth ache)

Blake failed for a decongestant.

Find me a prominent Jamaican doping like Gatlin, Carl Lewis, Flo Jo, Marion Jones, Tyson Gay, Tim Montgomery, Maurice Greene etc etc etc

Obviously America are going to have more because they have a bigger talent pool to choose from.

My point was you are deflecting from Jamaica's failed test past in the post I quoted. By trying to make out like its impossible for Jamaica to be doping. I was just pointing out that's in 2 different years 10 different athletes failed tests. A couple of those happened to be former WR holder another was an Olympic champion. 1 or 2 people failing test in a year sure but 5? And we know it's common for athletes in track & field to get popped for substances that are masking agents and not for the stuff theyre really taking.

If they weren't Jamaican you would be asking questions like you do about a certain football team and it's use of asthma inhalers. :hubie: