The Official Toronto Discussion Thread

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Y'all like to travel right? Good luck being able to without being vaccinated.
bruh I dunno why people don't deal with reality. it's only a "choice" if you never plan on leaving the country again. and I'm not pro vaccine but this will be one of those you have to have to move around the world.

Daps
I don't think Canadians are gonna get the vaccine any time soon.

It looks like we are gonna be vaccinated after Americans, which looking at the optics is embarrassing. :francis:

People are gonna lose their minds if we are still in lockdown by May, and America opens up.

This vaccine effort could make or break Trudeau's legacy.

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix

It looks like we are gonna be vaccinated after Americans, which looking at the optics is embarrassing. :francis:

People are gonna lose their minds if we are still in lockdown by May, and America opens up.

No that will be not be the case at all..

Canada has been securing provisions to have every Canadian take the thing twice if need be and then have enough to donate to developing nations.

Exclusive: Canada in talks to donate extra COVID-19 vaccine shots to poorer countries - sources

Daps
No that will be not be the case at all..

Canada has been securing provisions to have every Canadian take the thing twice if need be and then have enough to donate to developing nations.

Exclusive: Canada in talks to donate extra COVID-19 vaccine shots to poorer countries - sources

It's not about simply having access to the vaccine. It is the estimated time of the vaccine effort.

Time is crucial. Time is costing lives, jobs and much more.

Reality is, America has a sound plan regarding it's vaccine effort and Canada does not.

Canada cannot get a vaccine effort underway for a population less than California. Meanwhile, operation warp speed is ensuring 70% of americans are vaccinated by May is embarrassing.

Of course, this is just with information available today. I could be wrong and I hope I am.

I just want this to be over by the summer :sadcam:

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
It's not about simply having access to the vaccine. It is the estimated time of the vaccine effort.

Time is crucial. Time is costing lives, jobs and much more.

Reality is, America has a sound plan regarding it's vaccine effort and Canada does not.

Canada cannot get a vaccine effort underway for a population less than California. Meanwhile, operation warp speed is ensuring 70% of americans are vaccinated by May is embarrassing.

Of course, this is just with information available today. I could be wrong and I hope I am.

I just want this to be over by the summer :sadcam:
Don't believe whatever press America is putting out. If other developed nations are taking more be measured approach it's v probably for a good reason.

Just look at what Asia, Europe and how we are approaching the vaccine

Daps
If other developed nations are taking more be measured approach it's v probably for a good reason.

First off: operation warp speed is not a joke. it's actually a very impressive vaccine effort.

It's not a cautious approach though. Canada simply doesn't have factories to manufacture the vaccines. That's why we are behind every other developed nation in receiving vaccines. That's mostly due to Stephan Harper though.

I sincerely see Trudeau catching heat for this in the Spring/Summer and this could cost his chances at reelection. Conservatives are not gonna let this go and people will be enraged.

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
The quickest a vaccine was ever made was four years the mumps

Average vaccine takes 8-11 years to make

This has happened before an hpv was rushed after like six months

Currently a class action lawsuit against it and many people developed severe complications even death

I'm no anti vaxxer but I'm also not a stupid idiot

Breh you work in the hospital, they're gonna force you to take it for sure :russ:

First off: operation warp speed is not a joke. it's actually a very impressive vaccine effort.

It's not a cautious approach though. Canada simply doesn't have factories to manufacture the vaccines. That's why we are behind every other developed nation in receiving vaccines. That's mostly due to Stephan Harper though.

I sincerely see Trudeau catching heat for this in the Spring/Summer and this could cost his chances at reelection. Conservatives are not gonna let this go and people will be enraged.

This country is so slow at doing anything. Every fukking level of government procrastinates and works reactively, and not proactively. The Canadian companies developing their own vaccines are still in stage 1. Look at how shyt they were at procuring PPE for hospitals and how terrible a job they did pushing and communicating how and where people could get their flu shot. Did the country even procure enough freezers to store these vaccines at the optimal temps?

By the time we WILL have the vaccines, the world will be way ahead of us anyways and we'll be the last of the developed countries taking it.

Daps
Breh you work in the hospital, they're gonna force you to take it for sure :russ:

This country is so slow at doing anything. Every fukking level of government procrastinates and works reactively, and not proactively. The Canadian companies developing their own vaccines are still in stage 1. Look at how shyt they were at procuring PPE for hospitals and how terrible a job they did pushing and communicating how and where people could get their flu shot. Did the country even procure enough freezers to store these vaccines at the optimal temps?

By the time we WILL have the vaccines, the world will be way ahead of us anyways and we'll be the last of the developed countries taking it.

Yeah I agree.

However, if I lose another year to this lockdown because I am not vaccinated,I will be annoyed.

:sadcam:

I don't understand why it takes canada FOREVER to do anything.

The fact that we have a population less than California, and America could possibly be vaccinated before us (as in 70% of the population) is absolutely ridiculous:gucci:

Legit Trudeau will not be reelected if he fukks this up, the opposing parties will destroy him and the liberal party.
I just want this to be over :sadcam:

President Sakora

Supporter
Daps

it's not embarrassing. our health officials understand the findings from these pharma companies. they want better assurances the vaccine isn't going to injure more people than it helps.