The Official Toronto Discussion Thread

Jamal514

In high demand
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
Do you speak French at all bruh?

Been thinking about making the move out to MTL but the job situation without French is :sadcam:

Is it possible for a Toronto breh to make a move out there and land a decent salary gig without French?

I speak French pretty fluently, but I don't have the annoying ass Quebecois accent.

The only place a Torontonian/English Canadian can make good money over here is the West Island which is about 65-70% English. You might have some luck downtown west of St.Laurent blvd which is also quite English. You won't stand a chance east of St.Laurent which is known as the English/French dividing line.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
housing is redic in the city, i almost bought a condo but then working out the mortgage/maintenance etc. I could literally rent a 4bdrm brand new house in brampton/mississauga for cheaper

Why would you compare renting a home to owning one? You can rent that 4 bedroom home in brampton (brampton is not a place I'd want to live to be honest) and throw money into your landlord's pocket, or invest that money in your own home and make some money from it.

If you're going to compare renting vs owning, you better take that extra bit of money you save by renting and put it into stocks or some other kind of investment or else you're losing money renting.

---

Superstar
Daps
I voted PC and I feel dirty. Fact of the matter is Liberals just went too far left. Getting taxed up the ass, mistake after mistake. Liberals dug their own grave. Trudeau can get the fukk out too. I say this as a left leaner.

Doug won't be great either but NDP and Libs had such shytty candidates.

Your a quality poster and need to know why on this.

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I speak French pretty fluently, but I don't have the annoying ass Quebecois accent.

The only place a Torontonian/English Canadian can make good money over here is the West Island which is about 65-70% English. You might have some luck downtown west of St.Laurent blvd which is also quite English. You won't stand a chance east of St.Laurent which is known as the English/French dividing line.

They sound rough like German's speaking French

TheArchitect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sooo, either later this year or early next, I have to go to Toronto for at least a month. What are some things I should know,/do and do not do for the duration of my stay?

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto