The Official Toronto Discussion Thread

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
True, sometimes the father is present but the problem is that they would rather live in those dangerous govt housing like Jamestown or Ardwick just pay like 200$ on rent. A lot of families be balling but at what cost? Your kids dying n living in a rough environment? Priorties smh.

there needs to be a maximum length you can live in metro housing, cats living in those areas generations

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Toronto is crazy outrageous rent wise, i went to look at a condo today and it was 1,800 a month no parking for a 550 sq foot 1bdrm

like :dahell:

id rather sleep in my car in one of those overnight lots for 7 bucks than to pay that ish

Techniec

Drugs and Kalashnikovs
Daps
Reppin
W/S 416
I used to visit dixion late 90s cause my cousin lived in one of those towers
:scust: glad I never grew up in Toronto

Yo tech Somali dude got killed last night at huntclub and bank street :snoop:

Shot in the head ..:snoop:

Spent five years in ottawa, moved back to the GTA last year... But still swing by every so often.. I got love for Ottawa

The core problems and roots are the same out there but ottawa banging is its own animal

Techniec

Drugs and Kalashnikovs
Daps
Reppin
W/S 416
Who we really voting for June 7th. Not really feeling anyone at the moment. Might just default to PC.:lupe:

I will never vote conservative, so I go between Libs and NDP depending on where I'm living

I'm in Milton, so it will be Liberals, by default. I don't fukk with them but I aint voting for fukking Doug Ford :heh:

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
Toronto is crazy outrageous rent wise, i went to look at a condo today and it was 1,800 a month no parking for a 550 sq foot 1bdrm

id rather sleep in my car in one of those overnight lots for 7 bucks than to pay that ish

I read on the globe and mail that some people pay the same price for 230 sq ft bachelors. fukking ridiculous. paying nearly 2000 to sleep and cook in a room the size of a jail cell
i posted a article i think a few pages back of a old black woman upset that after 30 years she was moved out of her metro housing bcause they were tearing it down

if it's people on odsp, i'd understand. it's expensive as shyt out there

toronto community housing does take away units from people on odsp, if they find out that tenants are scamming the system (i.e the person renting is renting to others or isn't really disabled, and has the ability to work).

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4