The Official Toronto Discussion Thread

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
:francis: proudly support Justin Trudeau brehs..

bored-tired.gif

Torrez

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
my friends landlord told them he's increasing the rent by 400 a month guess he renewed the mortgage and :picard: alot of people are going to be SOL

this is what y'all voted for Justin Trudeau :blessed:

anotehr 500k immigrants coming to a city near you
The amount of newcomers is crazy. I work in ESL and I know that all this sustained immigration will keep me well employed long term, but even at near six figures I still feel priced out of the market as a single applicant. Some of the newcomers are getting decent rents, but some of them are now being priced out of the market because the people in their local communities renting to them are trying to raise the rents on them too.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
The amount of newcomers is crazy. I work in ESL and I know that all this sustained immigration will keep me well employed long term, but even at near six figures I still feel priced out of the market as a single applicant. Some of the newcomers are getting decent rents, but some of them are now being priced out of the market because the people in their local communities renting to them are trying to raise the rents on them too.

being a single person making decent coin you are screwed. You don't qualify for any government kickbacks, and what you qualify for as a mortgage can't really buy anything. I'm in the same boat.

The thing with newcomers getting decent rent, alot of folks are in condons occupied after 2018, so the landlord just to get soemone in and making some money will be like sure i'll rent this 1bdrm for 2000 or whatever. But once that year is up he's now asking for 2500 and you're sol b ecause its not rent controlled

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Is it mainly Indian immigrants like the posts I’ve been seeing on Instagram?