The Official Toronto Discussion Thread

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Daps
:whoa:

I get what you're saying but every single initiative this government has taken to grow the economy in specific sectors (tech, green energy) has been a giant failure and a ridiculous waste of money. The only real way to attract international capital is through talent (we have, for now - cost of living is a problem and is going to be a bigger problem going forward) and competitive tax environments (we don't have).

The battery production endeavours can work. We have the technical expertise and access to certain mineral resources.

Electric car manufacturing will be so so fierce. I dunno…

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Daps
I built a house a few years ago. Love it. Dream home. That said, it was fukking expensive. The municipality probably added 100k to the total costs. It was 48k alone to get plans approved and a building permit.

We need to have a national reckoning with municipal politics in Canada. They are controlled by real estate developers, landlords, and other rent-seeking elites.

Municipalities are “creatures of the province”. We need wise Premiers but there are none across Canada.

Daps
Reppin
TOR --> OAK
Depends on whether I get the green light or not from the wife. If we stay in Canada, Ottawa, Calgary, Montreal. If outside of Canada then likely the US but I'm open to anywhere. This country is cooked.
I ran my ass to the Bay 8 years ago. Has it's own fukked up issues but financially, I eat real well :hubie:

Wifey and I would take a 40% cut to move back, fukk that shyt :hubie:

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The battery production endeavours can work. We have the technical expertise and access to certain mineral resources.

Electric car manufacturing will be so so fierce. I dunno…

Toyota's battery announcement this week dimmed my hopes for the bets we made on battery production.

President Sakora

Supporter
Daps
Top 5 should remain in prison for 15 years.
what really bothers me is the amount of innocent lives all these gangs take and they are so proud of it. like wtf is all that about when cops kill unarmed bruddas these same bruddas get mad as they should but see no issue with profiling other black men and hurting them. smh

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Daps
what really bothers me is the amount of innocent lives all these gangs take and they are so proud of it. like wtf is all that about when cops kill unarmed bruddas these same bruddas get mad as they should but see no issue with profiling other black men and hurting them. smh

It’s sick. It’s very disturbing.

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Daps
Interest rates going up again next week :Picard:

This neoliberal federal government doesn’t want to raise taxes on oligopoly corporations to deflate the money supply; nor does it want to raise taxes on unproductive rent-seeking parts of the economy.

The Bank of Canada only has one tool to chip at inflation but it’s killing us!
:mjcry:

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Daps