The Official Toronto Discussion Thread

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
From what I gather it's about tax hike coming with her in charge. I think it's going towards social services though. Plus, I think many feel she got votes due to her husband being Jack Layton. I know Ford is against her, so maybe she's not that bad
She has no actual plan, just talking about increasing taxes and somehow allowing people to rent out rooms and renovate thirt houses so thry can create rental units. Yeah good luck with that when credit is getting squeezed and rates are through the roof. Then her stance on defunding police. She’s an NDPer I expect the city to look like complete shot under her watch. Ford is a clown but we could end up looking like SF. City already looks like shyt. A far left mayor will be disastrous IMO.

I warned y’all about the Libs many years ago and y’all was calling me crazy. Now look.

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Daps
From what I gather it's about tax hike coming with her in charge. I think it's going towards social services though. Plus, I think many feel she got votes due to her husband being Jack Layton. I know Ford is against her, so maybe she's not that bad

I keep saying this but no one is acknowledging that Rob Ford and Tory left a $1 billion revenue shortfall

Conservative mayors in Toronto have been terrible - drug addicts and adulterers

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I keep saying this but no one is acknowledging that Rob Ford and Tory left a $1 billion revenue shortfall

Conservative mayors in Toronto have been terrible - drug addicts and adulterers

They all suck. It's all about who sucks the least. Yall been through 8 years of Trudeau and want to go further left? :why:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Depends on whether I get the green light or not from the wife. If we stay in Canada, Ottawa, Calgary, Montreal. If outside of Canada then likely the US but I'm open to anywhere. This country is cooked.

I forgot you speak french lucky breh

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
It's not too late for you to learn.

im 38 all i know is bonjour :heh:
I want out of here, even considering possibly windsor as if I do have to go into work the odd day (i've been twice this year) I can make the 4 hour trek on the via rail

who knows my azz may end up in uganda

Jefferson Jackson

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The Wave Rider
:francis:

keep.png

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
Depends on whether I get the green light or not from the wife. If we stay in Canada, Ottawa, Calgary, Montreal. If outside of Canada then likely the US but I'm open to anywhere. This country is cooked.
Ottawa's on the road to becoming Toronto, but we're blessed because to have so much green space and the city is really growing at a crazy level. What's funny is that, in my early 20s a lot of people from here moves to Toronto for that big city life, either moved back here or stayed and complain about how hard life is.. not making any serious big city movements.

I hearing a lot of people are moving to Calgary again. The housing market isn't that crazy from what my boy tells me, I hear the winters are really bipolar lol.

They say in Montreal you don't really need to know french. Apparently everyone speaks English there.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Ottawa's on the road to becoming Toronto, but we're blessed because to have so much green space and the city is really growing at a crazy level. What's funny is that, in my early 20s a lot of people from here moves to Toronto for that big city life, either moved back here or stayed and complain about how hard life is.. not making any serious big city movements.

I hearing a lot of people are moving to Calgary again. The housing market isn't that crazy from what my boy tells me, I hear the winters are really bipolar lol.

They say in Montreal you don't really need to know french. Apparently everyone speaks English there.

Calgary is cheap

IMG-0356.png

Jamal514

In high demand
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
If you live west of St Laurent, you're good with just English. East of St.Laurent is almost all French and pretty :mjpls: . The further west you go on the island, the less it feels like Quebec. South Shore suburbs Brossard, Greenfield Park, St.Lambert, and Chateauguay are also good for English speakers. I live in Pointe-Claire in the West Island and I haven't spoke a word a French in months.