The Official Toronto Discussion Thread

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I don't think lowering the educational requirement is a good thing. However, if they're going to go this route then there must be better training requirements to be a police officer. I think most of these programs seem to fail on basic training needed for the job.

President Sakora

Supporter
Daps
I don't think lowering the educational requirement is a good thing. However, if they're going to go this route then there must be better training requirements to be a police officer. I think most of these programs seem to fail on basic training needed for the job.
that's where you're misled. so the thing is they get trained well. the problem is more to do with policing culture, and the way laws are enforced. There a lot of cops who come from small towns, mean well, get into the job and the bigoted culture is adopted if it wasn't already a part of the recruit. these same bigoted guys are in positions of leadership and the dumber they are the more easily you can keep policing and its structure the same.

if you had all recruits with a criminology degree or at worst some kind of bachelor's degree policing would change in 10 years easily. much better outcome for cities.

Last edited:

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
that's where you're misled. so the thing is they get trained well. the problem is more to do with policing culture, and the way laws are enforced. There a lot of cops who come from small towns, mean well, get into the job and the bigoted culture is adopted if it wasn't already a part of the recruit. these same bigoted guys are in positions of leadership and the dumber they are the more easily you can keep policing and it's structure the same.

if you had all recruits with a criminology degree or at worst some kind of bachelor's degree policing would change in 10 years easily. much better outcome for cities.
Strongly agree, because we all see what chaos it causes in the US when they have less educated people on the job. I think it's like you mentioned you need to kill the culture and get the old guard out to see radical changes needed to clean up the force. I do feel there still needs to be people on the job that have much better negotiation skills, problem-solving, critical thinking, social skills, etc.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
that's where you're misled. so the thing is they get trained well. the problem is more to do with policing culture, and the way laws are enforced. There a lot of cops who come from small towns, mean well, get into the job and the bigoted culture is adopted if it wasn't already a part of the recruit. these same bigoted guys are in positions of leadership and the dumber they are the more easily you can keep policing and it's structure the same.

i don't mind getting rid of the college or university. But then police college or training should now be changed.

Jefferson Jackson

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The Wave Rider
:jbhmm: @MikelArteta @Malcolmxxx_23

beef1.png

beef2.png

beef3.png

beef4.png

beef5.png