Daps
Reppin
T-Dot

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
That's crazy, I understand the 4% increase but why don't they want people to work from home?
Politics.

General public already resents public sector workers, and the gov't doesn't want to look like they're bending even further for them.

Govt put in place a hybrid wfh model where staff are forced to go on site 2 days a week, which has not gone over well at all. There's been significantly push back on that front from employees as well as Unions.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Politics.

General public already resents public sector workers, and the gov't doesn't want to look like they're bending even further for them.

Govt put in place a hybrid wfh model where staff are forced to go on site 2 days a week, which has not gone over well at all. There's been significantly push back on that front from employees as well as Unions.

Good !! Sucks for those who can't get their passport renewed but should have done that long ago.

I got a 6 percent raise at work after getting nothing for a few years because of that bill from Dougie ford for provincial healthcare workers

Ona bargaining is up soon

Feds have money for Ukraine but not for their workers :troll:

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Politics.

Politics of this is interesting though because it’s a minority government and NDP won’t support back to work legislation. So that takes away a major tactic they could use to get the union to stand down.

Government will probably try to run the clock and see if union members crack under the low strike pay, but they seem motivated.

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps

Quebec is wildin again as always but, i swear canadian owned/produced media doesnt really perform well. Our media infrastructure has been dog shyt for decades

Pierre is a fukking moron, man-boy. Yes CBC is government/publicly funded. That doesn't mean that one party funds them, it's the entire government. They have been very critical of Justin in the past, as they don't have an alliance to any party. fukking idiot. Pepper Pierre better not fukk with my pay check. He already fukked up a potential role I'm trying to get doing social media for CBC radio...

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Politics of this is interesting though because it’s a minority government and NDP won’t support back to work legislation. So that takes away a major tactic they could use to get the union to stand down.

Government will probably try to run the clock and see if union members crack under the low strike pay, but they seem motivated.
I think the government might've underestimated how much other federal employees and unions are rallying behind PSAC. Folks are pissed and will not be backing down easily.