The Official Toronto Discussion Thread

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Remember the instore restaurant? Had the goat grilled cheese sandwiches back in the day

breh i had a birthday party there :heh:

also had one of these as a kid

Photo%2B3-1-19%252C%2B7%2B14%2B25%2Bpm.jpg

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
My first job was Zellers Malvern mall...few people I knew copped that Ps2 with some questionable CC's...
Lol that's exactly where I had my birthday when I was around 8 :russ:

Also think at the time malvern mall had that salon cut creator

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
Lol that's exactly where I had my birthday when I was around 8 :russ:

Also think at the time malvern mall had that salon cut creator

Cut creator was a staple. I think its closed now, but they have another address on Midland. Like a home barbershop. They were cool as hell. Bern there since the early 90's. My one dude from there got murderd in the shop by some youngins. They ran in with the shotty. Wasnt pretty. But yeah man I was probably working there when you were mad young.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Rarely.

Worst infrastructure in a big city I’ve ever seen.

It is.

Mostly any world class city you can get around easily on transit. Trains to the airport are affordable and run all the time.

You can stay in what would be like hamilton in london and still get to central london by transit in like 30-40 min

I've never had to use a uber or taxi when I travel abroad in Europe

Guess Who

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It is.

Mostly any world class city you can get around easily on transit. Trains to the airport are affordable and run all the time.

You can stay in what would be like hamilton in london and still get to central london by transit in like 30-40 min

Exactly fam. It’s a shyt show. Traffic and transit are arguably the biggest issues this city has and we are gonna see the consequences of it in 10 years or so imo.
Our shytty infrastructure is partly responsible for high housing costs, poverty, youth under employment…all kinds of shyt.

It’s hard to maintain a modern society in which people can’t get around.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
It is.

its a damn shame we didn't plan the city growth better because these reasons above are why Toronto is below most world class cities. We had so many blunders in planning and very little pushback, which made them continue down this path

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
its a damn shame we didn't plan the city growth better because these reasons above are why Toronto is below most world class cities. We had so many blunders in planning and very little pushback, which made them continue down this path

yup
imagine high speed rail getting from say niagara to downtown toronto in half hour like they do in europe
or getting from toronto to kingston 1.2 hrs on the train
rome to florence is 270km and their high speed reaches in one hour and 30 min and only costs 19 euros

Or how about the regular subway taking you there

tube_map.gif

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
They road designs are awful for traffic flow(so are the neighborhoods)

You're right they will talk and study something and do nothing. That's why I'm glad I left TO long ago. It's a horrible place to live.

What grinded my gears is I was talking to a friend from Syria, he said they settled the refugees in New Brunswick and some of their friends and family members were saying "come here(GTA), it's better, more things to do" I was like:snoop: They had a chance to take over their section of New Brunswick in 10 years and have an established community at lower cost of living. Somebody needs to educate the new immigrants. People who have been there know better and tryin to escape.

I feel sorry for new immigrants that come to Toronto. You're stuck renting a room, or having a roommate, all your savings being gobbled up and most likely working a menial job until you can gather more skills.

richtree

Top Shotta, None Hotta!
Daps
Reppin
At the top.
Cut creator was a staple. I think its closed now, but they have another address on Midland. Like a home barbershop. They were cool as hell. Bern there since the early 90's. My one dude from there got murderd in the shop by some youngins. They ran in with the shotty. Wasnt pretty. But yeah man I was probably working there when you were mad young.
I remember that story distinctly.