The Official Toronto Discussion Thread

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So much land in this country and we got housing issues

I saw a report where developers in GTA had paused/slowed new developments/housing on purpose so the prices dont drop(or drop fast)

It's not worth living there IMO, but some people willing to do without I guess.

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
There are plenty of Africans that left Ontario to Alberta mid 2000's due the oil boom.
My best friend's family did that when we were kids. Their family was the first people I know to move out of a lower income area and buy a house. Everyone I know still in Ontario bought theirs many years later

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
They need to start new towns and cities like they do in china, just put government buildings there like how vegraville had in the past
And you got places like Japan maximizing every space in that country

Fukk this slow ass govt
New housin bill says 1.5 million houses in next decade..but I doubt it

Anyways the migration out of this country started
Only thing good here is the passport and the mid level health care

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
So much land in this country and we got housing issues
Government killing high speed rail plans really screwed us over for many generations. Plus, you can't really think of many successful Canadian corporations and even businesses that aren't telecom or big bank. I think we really screwed up on that aspect because we dont really have Canadian companies building shop outside of GTA to help spread out the population.

Jcotton1

All Star
Bushed
Daps
I'm bitter about the Princess Margaret home lottery . Having spent some time on Muskoka Lake :mjcry: . We have the Great lakes but still. It's beautiful up there.

SwizzLake

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I'm bitter about the Princess Margaret home lottery . Having spent some time on Muskoka Lake :mjcry: . We have the Great lakes but still. It's beautiful up there.

Did you buy the tickets? I thought there fall campaign ends November?

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Q

Heartless :hula:business decision
Just like the tsn debacle

tsn was worse, guys were working one minute and then during commercial were told to get the hell out

uesday started off like any other day at TSN 1040, with morning hosts Mike Halford and Jason Brough signing on at 6 a.m.

However, listeners knew something major was about to happen after TSN 1040’s Twitter account was deactivated and the third hour of the Halford & Brough morning show was yanked and replaced with U.S. radio programming from ESPN.

Listeners were then told an announcement on the future of TSN 1040 would made at 9:30 a.m.

…A recorded announcement that played on that station at 9:30 a.m. stated that a new format for CKST would be announced on Friday at 7 a.m.

“This was a difficult decision but the reality of the quickly evolving broadcast media landscape in Canada have made this change unavoidable. We want to thank our on-air personalities, advertising partners and sponsors, and everyone who has contributed to this station, but especially we want to thank you, our listeners,” the statement said.

The announcement was followed by the song Good Riddance by Green Day.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
:yeshrug: your guess is as good as mine....

they did her dirty though, wouldn't even let her traditionally sign off air, she def. pissed someone off....

she was apart of ctv since 1989, she was done dirty, this is the same company that kept that old cac lloyd robertson till he was like 80