The Official Toronto Discussion Thread

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I've said this before, but another problem is our lack of black universities or even fraternities. We have nobody pushing us to achieve greatness from within. We are forced to look south to our American cousins and often over compensate due to feeling inferior, when in actuality, we're pretty much the same. But there less and less examples of black excellence in this country to look up to. And if I say this in a mainstream setting, I'll get called out for making it only about black people...Thats another issue here. We try to talk about issues within the black community, and it turns into "why does everything have to be color". When we don't talk about it, they look at us and tell us to handle the issues amongst our people. Its a sham and a shame...

True
I mean really if you think of it, beside churches, ethnic food stores, barbershops/hair salons can you name 5 prominent black businesses in the city?

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I feel like Brandon Gonez who used to be on CP24 is doing good work. He's like one of the few Canadian black men in the media to flip the script and launch a platform. I do agree we need more stuff like that because we're very underrepresented in the media and most representation is usually in a negative light.

Forgot about Brandon. Dude was so underused at cp24 he should have been hosting 1 hour specials instead they had him as a reporter.

President Sakora

Supporter
Daps
Too bad it didn't give him an allergic reaction and send him to the same underfunded hospitals he expects the rest of us to rely on
that's god talking to him, interestingly enough, a bee won't fly into your mouth unless your giving off plant smells like say cannabis....

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
married to a pawg :mjpls:

can you name any others?

btw even his company

you could pull up a jewish investment firm and everyone there is jewish or a chinese all chinese but for blacks nah
I never understood that because you can find other groups leveling up their own, but for us it's usually everybody's invited and barely any black people. It seems to be a common theme where you see a black person make it big, and then their team is filled with mostly non black.

Duke Wy Lin

It's been a good run. Wish y'all the best ✊🏿
Daps
That imam gave me my shahada the day before his brother was killed and I went to the funeral to show respect. Then the shooting happened

Ain't you from ATL? Why did you move to Toronto breh?