The Official Toronto Discussion Thread

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
All it takes is one sucker to ruin it for 1000's of people that just came to have a good time.

pantsx-large_400x400.jpg

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Lemme know if yall got any opinions on these venues/promoters. Vibes look better than your average hip hop night w/ bottle service but yall know the city:

Afrobeats and Soca vibes @ the Gumbo Party (At a spot called Nest)
Promoter: Gumbo (@wearegumbo) • Instagram photos and videos
WeAreGumbo

90s & 2000s R&B/HipHop @ Phoenix Concert Theater
Promoter: COZY Toronto (@letsgetcozy.to) • Instagram photos and videos
This one looks like my likely choice. Looking to dance with some chicks that are more concerned with having a good time than looking flashy

Art Battle International
Did one of these in my city. Didn't see any black ppl in the crowd in yalls promo videos tho :dead:

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
Lemme know if yall got any opinions on these venues/promoters. Vibes look better than your average hip hop night w/ bottle service but yall know the city:

WeAreGumbo

This one looks like my likely choice. Looking to dance with some chicks that are more concerned with having a good time than looking flashy

Art Battle International
Did one of these in my city. Didn't see any black ppl in the crowd in yalls promo videos tho :dead:
I'm:flabbynsick: ass nikka, never heard of these spots:mjlol:

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps

WeAreGumbo

Art Battle International

A white person I know follows Cozy on Instagram. Probably fine :mjpls:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Once? :dahell:

Fri-Sun staple for me back in the day :blessed:

The life before social media . I was never into clubs but I’d go to Scarborough town centre on Friday’s and just chop girls from other schools . Then black planet, meet me into and tdotwire were next and msn messenger and meeting chicks at bridlewood mall, woodside square, warden power centre and stc

Didn’t even know what half of these chicks looked like in advance :mjlol: sometimes they were fat :scust: sometimes they were hot :blessed:

The life of a 80s kid in the late nineties early 2000s

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
The life before social media . I was never into clubs but I’d go to Scarborough town centre on Friday’s and just chop girls from other schools . Then black planet, meet me into and tdotwire were next and msn messenger and meeting chicks at bridlewood mall, woodside square, warden power centre and stc

Didn’t even know what half of these chicks looked like in advance :mjlol: sometimes they were fat :scust: sometimes they were hot :blessed:

The life of a 80s kid in the late nineties early 2000s
Yah
Square one, Sussex center, sometimes we'd make the trek to shoppers world
Bus transfers would expire in 2 hrs so we'd literally try to cut and paste old/new transfers together:heh:

Then when one of the brehs got his mom's old car....it was a wrap; we were regional :wow:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Yah
Square one, Sussex center, sometimes we'd make the trek to shoppers world
Bus transfers would expire in 2 hrs so we'd literally try to cut and paste old/new transfers together:heh:

Then when one of the brehs got his mom's old car....it was a wrap; we were regional :wow:

Lucky here in Toronto bus transfers could only be used on the route you were on and connecting to a bus on that route . So if your bus was going east you could only use the transfer on a N/S bus that connects to that route and it expired in like 30 min from when you got it :picard: