The Official Toronto Discussion Thread

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
honestly, I think he plans on dragging out the lockdown for as long as he sees fit for financial gain before he cuts & runs....

I don't see him running for re-election, he's alienated his base & he's hated by everyone else....:yeshrug:

an election is the only lawful way out of this:francis:

He's polling high enough to win another majority. What financial gain do you mean?

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
big facts.

unless everyone is on the same page & in unison with the outrage, this shyt won't end.

I thought there were would be more outrage for the things you can't do, but people have found ways around them. Everyone has a gym to go to.

Restaurants and bars

:yeshrug:

Throw parties at your own house by carpooling 3 cars with everyone in it.

I've seen people playing ball at public courts.

It is what it is now.

We're in it for the long haul.

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
How are the schools not open?

:scust: :pacspit:

its a shyt show/politics in this province...

fordnation and these motherfukkers will leak a premature decision, via twitter and news oulets.

see how much flack they get for it, and adjust based on that..they did it just yesterday with "allowing people to watch the hockey game" first it was declined...people get mad and now they allowing 500 people to attend the game 7 tonight

Ford, Elliott, Lecce all three are :scust:

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Allowing workers my reason why Ford had a chance was because the Lins went too fukking far. Ford got voted from lib voters. Libs went too far and so people voted for the opposite (so they thought) even though he’s a bumbling moron.

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought there were would be more outrage for the things you can't do, but people have found ways around them. Everyone has a gym to go to.

Restaurants and bars

:yeshrug:

Throw parties at your own house by carpooling 3 cars with everyone in it.

I've seen people playing ball at public courts.

It is what it is now.

We're in it for the long haul.

Its true, in a perverse way, the fact people can ignore all the private restrictions has worked as a release valve for the politicians. Public less likely to freak out in unison, if people can do what they want in their private lives.

The very rare moments they've faced big pushback was when the rules affected large groups of people at once, and with no alternatives ( i.e. when they tried to ban playgrounds, what they face with schools now).

It doesnt help that our media refuses to leave COVID crisis mode. This has an effect on public opinion without a doubt. Turn on any outlet, newspaper etc and its COVID news everywhere. Bad news gets clicks and is always exaggerated. Good news is downplayed. Cases have been decreasing exponentially in the past month, yet you wont see any headline say this. Just look at the coverage of variants. Everything is framed like an apocalyptic event.

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
so yall telling me that all this prgress of getting to 70% vaccinate the province AND being under 1000 cases is STILL not enough?

:francis::mjlol:

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So I'm here getting ready to book my shot, but I'm seeing that 2nd shots are being given out yet???
They just started booking second shots with seniors (80 plus). Gonna be go down one age group each week. They say everyone will be able to get their second shot by August ( I think itll be sooner based on how big the vaccine shipments are lately)

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so yall telling me that all this prgress of getting to 70% vaccinate the province AND being under 1000 cases is STILL not enough?

:francis::mjlol:

This is the head of the Ontario Hospital Association lobbying against any easing of restrictions. When people like this have gained incredible clout in Ontario, its no wonder we are behind the rest of the country and world. Media quotes this guy every single time, as if he's an elected politician.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Worst part is, they know we'll take it on the chin if this does happen.[/QUOTE]

People are going to start the summer without him. Trinity park was packed as shyt this weekend alot of people didn't give a fukk about wearing masks. People having backyard gatherings. People are over this shyt.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
They just started booking second shots with seniors (80 plus). Gonna be go down one age group each week. They say everyone will be able to get their second shot by August ( I think itll be sooner based on how big the vaccine shipments are lately)

I have mine next week

wembley :blessed: