The Official Toronto Discussion Thread

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
if this was deco labels he'd fire

why is doug ford crying? Did he have to go on cerb? is his restaurant locked up? Does he have to worry about being evicted? Does he have a family member in icu?

This job is just to big for Douglas Ford
Breh, think it was Travis Dhanraj who outright asked Ford about sick leave pay

"Premier, you make like $800 a day, you don't need to worry about sick leave" :dead:

this isn't the time
hell if there was a jamaican variant id say ban the whole country

it all comes down to .......

1. Canada is scared india will lower vaccine shipments if we ban them
2. Jagmeet and the south Asian community, plus south asians vote liberal like 80% and have prominent positions in trudeaus government
3. money the highest country for express entry is india

In 2019, citizens from these 10 countries received the majority of ITAs under the Express Entry system:
India (47%)
Nigeria (7%)
China (7%)
Pakistan (3%)
UK (2%)
Brazil (2%)
US (2%)
Iran (2%)

Because we can't make our own...dependency on other nations :beli:

They're finally banning indian flights for 30 days...might be too late

They need to ban all incoming flights

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
Breh, think it was Travis Dhanraj who outright asked Ford about sick leave pay

"Premier, you make like $800 a day, you don't need to worry about sick leave" :dead:

Because we can't make our own...dependency on other nations :beli:

They're finally banning indian flights for 30 days...might be too late

They need to ban all incoming flights

30 days? It should be for the rest of the year and maybe even next at this point. 300000 cases a day is going to be so hard to come down from. And yes, ban all incoming flights. We been saying they need to do that

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

Desirous

Action expresses priorities
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Quebec media back at it:francis:

They’re wrong for that. I can see this as a meme, but it’s distasteful for a newspaper to run that.
government still messing up, should be a outright ban on international travel for 30 days but instead........

If you're in india and need to come to canada all you have to do is fly to another country and then canada
The one comforting thing is other countries have already banned flights from India so makes it more challenging. Why can’t we just ban all flights for the time being? If people get stuck then too bad. We all know the risk of traveling right now so if someone wants to risk it then let them deal with the consequences.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
They’re wrong

The one comforting this is other countries have already banned flights from India so makes it more challenging. Why can’t we just ban all flights for the time being? If people get stuck then too bad. We all know the risk of traveling right now so if someone wants to risk it then let them deal with the consequences.

not uk you can still fly but just have to quarantine:francis:

And it comes down to $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and greed. And I agree with what you're saying if you are outside of canada you took that risk. Close the borders like Australia, Japan etc. did.

Desirous

Action expresses priorities
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
not uk you can still fly but just have to quarantine:francis:

And it comes down to $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and greed. And I agree with what you're saying if you are outside of canada you took that risk. Close the borders like Australia, Japan etc. did.
My friend lives in Tokyo and Japan is in their 3rd wave, but everything is still open. Apparently their vaccine rollout is super slow.

Jefferson Jackson

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The Wave Rider

giphy.gif

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
They shut down the Barrie gym i drove to..City threatened them with DAILY 100k fines.

:francis:

However I have a backup plan, emailed my family doctor need a physical therapy note and I can use a studio gym in the west end that is still open but requires members to have a doctors note which is an exception to the shutdown rules for gyms:mjgrin:

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
:patrice: :hubie:

Lets pause on allowing these flights to come in, which they just announced

But have to be careful...we rely on them for vaccines I think

The thing is that probably doesn't matter anymore. They're not producing vaccines for other countries when their own country is going through hell right now. Huge population, lots of people sick, hospital system overwhelmed, a small percentage of population vaccinated...I don't see them exporting anything to us soon. If we want AZ, we're going to go through the US, the EU or Korea since they also produce it.

The US's supply should be more than their demand next month, so we'll probably get a lot of Phizer and US-made AZ soon. Can't really rely on Moderna since they seem to have delays all the time and Novavax still hasn't been approved even though they're scheduled to ship here next month...