Daps

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I don't think people realize how bad this is

THE UK a COUNTRY with a population of 66.5 million is only avg like 4,650 cases a day

Ontario alone with a population of 8 million is avg 2,500

41084434-9415029-image-a-8_1617031645658.jpg

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I went downtown to work yesterday and it was sad walking along yonge how many places have a for lease sign. I went to burger king for lunch usually the one across eatons centre would be packed and back in the day i'd have to wait a good 10-15min to order.

I was the only one in the store beside a homeless person, went to eatons centre after work on a thursday at 4pm and it was as empty as a expos game in the early 2000s. Just wait till that wage subsidy (cews) is gone its going to get real ugly
the homeless people downtown have been out of control this whole pandemic. I went down last week hadn't been in a while either. pure homeless drama.

5th straight day of 2,000-plus new COVID-19 cases in Ontario, 10 more deaths - CityNews Toronto

what was even the point of shutting down previously if now the government just turns a blind eye and is jus tlike carry on?

Where are the ford press conferences etc? :heh:
that lockdown system is not working. Toronto always gets the worst of it. barbershops and salons have been closed for damn near half a year. at this point nobody in that business is trying to lock down again period. we should just stay at this level..

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
lmao what a bunch of bumbling idiots

first, they said they wouldn't give it to anyone over 65

now they say they're only giving to people over 55

fukkin morons. That AZ vaccine is DONE out here.

only reason why they gave the OKAY to AZ. was cause we had zero vaccine . EU said no to az
america said...lets give these leftover az to canada...and justin jumped on it lol ....

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
only reason why they gave the OKAY to AZ. was cause we had zero vaccine . EU said no to az
america said...lets give these leftover az to canada...and justin jumped on it lol ....

now they're going to have a stockpile of az vaccines that no one wants or can have

President Sakora

Supporter
Daps
The number of people hospitalized with COVID-19 is now 21 per cent higher than it was when Ontario entered a provincewide lockdown in December and a new report from a panel of scientific experts advising the Ford government warns that it could be weeks “until the full burden to the healthcare system becomes apparent.”

The report from Ontario’s science table reveals that variants of concern now account for 67 per cent of all cases in the province and are starting to have a “substantial impact” on the healthcare system due to a higher likelihood of hospitalization and even death.

While it has been widely publicized that the B.1.1.7 variant that now makes up the majority of COVID-19 cases in Ontario is more infectious, the report reveals that there is also a 63 per cent increased risk of hospitalization, a 103 per cent increased risk of intensive care unit (ICU) admission and a 56 per cent increased risk of death from the so-called variants of concern.

They also say that the presence of the variants are driving a rise in hospitalizations involving younger people.

They say that between Dec. 14 and Dec. 20 there were 149 new admissions to the ICU but only 30 per cent of them involved people aged 59 or younger. By last week people aged 59 or younger accounted for 46 per cent of all 157 new ICU admissions.

“This is not a benign issue with these variants for people under 50 who felt that maybe with the initial COVID It wasn't a big deal. This for you now is a big deal,” Ontario’s Chief Medical Officer of Health Dr. David Williams said during a briefing on Monday afternoon, prior to the release of the report to the public.

shoutout to the open everything up crowd...