The Official Toronto Discussion Thread

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
the vaccine rollout is atrocious look at italy where its also bad and they had to lockdown again

they should be having vaccine clinics open 24/7. I mean the hospital is open 24/7 anyways, sometimes when you get an mri its for like 3am in the morning

I can't believe they pay people millions of dollars to blunder this

Guess Who

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol some 80s olds on the phone line waiting for hours just to book

Canada so slow on everything :dead:
We have the vaccines now but its gonna take weeks to jab ppl ..
I wonder if it woulda made more sense for the government to use SIN information and hired a bunch of people to start calling everyone and book the appointments that way. No reason the government should be having 80 yr olds on the phone for 4 hrs or trying to figure it out on the internet.

Guess Who

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I dunno bout y’all but lots of ppl I know ain’t trying to get the vaccine. Personally I disagree with them but I also don’t fault them for being hesitant. Black folks have traditionally been treated like shyt by the healthcare system (myself included) but I think this situation is different and we gotta protect ourselves.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I dunno bout y’all but lots of ppl I know ain’t trying to get the vaccine. Personally I disagree with them but I also don’t fault them for being hesitant. Black folks have traditionally been treated like shyt by the healthcare system (myself included) but I think this situation is different and we gotta protect ourselves.

I agree. I mean folks haven't cared about black people for centuries if we live or die. But now suddenly?

But I remember when I went to nigeria i couldn't even get a visa without the yellow fever vaccine, i'm only getting the vaccine to hopefully being able to travel thsi summer without quarantine

Guess Who

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree. I mean folks haven't cared about black people for centuries if we live or die. But now suddenly?

But I remember when I went to nigeria i couldn't even get a visa without the yellow fever vaccine, i'm only getting the vaccine to hopefully being able to travel thsi summer without quarantine
Yeah ima get the vaccine (not the AstraZeneca) when I can.

I know probably around 40 people who have caught the virus including myself (my body still isn’t straight—got high blood pressure now and my adrenal response is all fukked up) so I’m pretty sure that’s informing my decision as well. I guess I’ve just seen too many of my friends and family catch it and suffer...and not for nothing it almost took me out too but that’s a story for another day.

Guess Who

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah ima get the vaccine (not the AstraZeneca) when I can.

I know probably around 40 people who have caught the virus including myself (my body still isn’t straight—got high blood pressure now and my adrenal response is all fukked up) so I’m pretty sure that’s informing my decision as well. I guess I’ve just seen too many of my friends and family catch it and suffer...and not for nothing it almost took me out too but that’s a story for another day.
And as soon as I say this about the AstraZeneca I find this...

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I read something like the States are vaccinating 2.3 million people a day since December and Canada hasn’t even vaccinated a million people in total.

what are the issues that’s making it so difficult for them? Like others said, it could be 24 hours

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
I read something like the States are vaccinating 2.3 million people a day since December and Canada hasn’t even vaccinated a million people in total.

what are the issues that’s making it so difficult for them? Like others said, it could be 24 hours
They have the vaccines...issue is slow ass roll out

They just started vaccinating 80+

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

canada is slow
in the states you can get vaccines already at pharmacies etc.

canada just STARTED that now, and will just be starting mass vaccination sites