The Official TNA Discussion Thread

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Jarrett also did an interview with The UK Sun this past week.

On The Success of Former TNA Stars & Creating New Stars
“My family has been in the business for 70 years, so hearing the stories from a very young age, that’s part of the business.

“I was a fan first, then I became a wrestler, then a promoter then a businessman and everything that goes with it – marketing, merchandise, licensing, legal, everything. But I’ve always enjoyed it.

“Go back to 2002 when Impact was launched with a young guy from North Georgia AJ Styles and another from Toronto named Bobby Roode, then Samoa Joe came along, Eric Young… I could go on and on.

“Those guys have gone on to be hot attractions and AJ is the hottest attraction. That’s something that I take a lot of pride in.”

He continued: “Being back with Impact wrestling, I couldn’t be happier for those guys, but from a professional and business side, it energises me so much to find the next AJ Styles, the next Bobby Roode, the next Samoa Joe.

“And at Impact, that’s a big part of what we are doing. From the corporate side to the in-ring product, it’s a restructure, a reorganisation, and we want to make Impact great again.”

On Matt Hardy
After making his name as a high-flying daredevil in WWE, Hardy has reinvented himself over the last year in Impact, with his ‘Broken Brilliance’ storyline and his feud with brother Jeff being one of the most-talked about wrestling angles around the globe.

Jarrett said: “I prefer to call it match-making or booking, because Matt, Jeff and ‘Broken Brilliance’ – they are the creators of that.

“You just have to put them in positions and let them run with it. I think that’s part of the magic of our business is that we don’t really write stories but document them.

“Matt Hardy has reinvented himself in a unique way, and with Jeremy Borash and how it is edited, it is groundbreaking and it is revolutionising different story aspects.”

He continued: “When you look down in history, whether it was The Rock or Stone Cold, they are the perfect example that you can be given the ball, but you then have to run with it.

“Matt was given the ball, and he ran with it.

On Whether He Holds Any Grudges
Now Jarrett is back with the company he built into a worldwide brand, few would begrudge him for feeling a little envious at seeing his former charges headline a rival promotion.

However, due to his long-standing family ties in the business, he insists he holds no grudges.
And the desire to help nurture his latest batch of current Impact youngsters into global superstars is what is driving him on.

Jarrett explained: “If I didn’t have such an historical view of pro wrestling then maybe, but no – it is a part of change and evolution.

On The Current Crop Of Stars In TNA
When you look at the Impact roster and the likes of Eli Drake, EC3 (Ethan Carter III), The Wolves and Moose… For that guy to walk away from the NFL, the premier sports organisation in the world, to pursue a career in professional wrestling – I have a ton of respect for that guy for following his heart and for what his mother came from and the tough life that she had.

“He had a contract on the table in the NFL and he walked away from it, those kind of stories really energise me to look at the Impact roster and find that next AJ Styles.

“When I see guys like those I mentioned, it’s pretty exciting.”

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
One more news nugget.

According to EWrestling.com (never heard of these folks) Brooke Adams is signed to appear at this year's Wrestlemania along with several other former WWE Divas like Kelly Kelly, Victoria, Vickie Guerrero and Jillian Hall.

I hope TNA hasn't lost Dat Ass so soon after she just came back.
GOOCd8T.gif

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Jeff Jarrett Interview With Huffington Post UK

WWE has had a UK tournament and has a UK Champion, promotions are teaming up like RevPro and New Japan. What can UK fans expect from Impact Wrestling going forward?
It’s no secret that the relationship between the Impact Wrestling audience and fans in the UK has been very prosperous over the last few years. It did fall on hard times and that’s the main reason Ed and I are here - to start back on those positive relationships. The app was launched, it was rushed to market and there was a good reason for that - because of the Challenge TV situation we wanted the fan base to have a way to stay engaged. So we’re here with multiple discussions, with multiple networks, with promotors and doing media to re-energise the relationship across all its facets.

Can we expect to see you back on our screens?
Not at this time! I’m enjoying wearing what we’ll call the promotor and businessman hats. The guitar is always close by but that’s not in my plans right now...

The GFW invasion angle made for interesting TV, might we see more of a GFW-Impact crossover in the future?
The relationship with GFW and Impact is going to be something that I’m obviously personally very excited for. We are coming up on the 15th year of Impact and started Global Force a couple of years ago, seeing them come together on some level will be great. The situation that happened a year and a half ago was great for all parties involved and obviously gave GFW quite a lot of exposure. As we roll into the second quarter of this year, the GFW-Impact relationship is just going to get better.

We worked with Impact Wrestling to highlight some UK wrestlers who then featured on the last tour. Will we see more UK talent on Impact?
The short answer is absolutely, yes. It’s on the record books, I’ve always been a big fan of the UK scene going back to 2005/6/7, coming over. Now quite frankly it’s the hottest scene in the world of professional wrestling. That’s another part of this trip - some talent meetings. I’ll leave the talents nameless but we’ve had success with British wrestlers over the years and we’ll continue that for sure.

Will the X-Division be a bigger focus going forward as it once was?
Well in GFW we have a division called NEX*GEN and that’s about the next generation of wrestlers much like the X-Division was in 2002. I’ve always been a massive fan of - and here in the UK you have - I call them kids, that was 10-12 years ago but are now in their late 20s or early 30s are incredible athletes and really know what they’re doing. It’s that next generation style of wrestling that will definitely be front and centre.

Do you think Chyna should be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame this year?
The Hall of Fame is subjective and the buck stops with one man like every other decision in that organisation. It’s Vince’s opinion. Everyone can have an opinion, its truly worthless when it comes to the Hall of Fame. If Vince wants them in, they’re in and if out, they’re out. When you talk about importance of being ground-breaking, Chyna certainly was so unique and instrumental - she was one of those characters that defined the Attitude Era, so the simple answer is absolutely.

Read Full Article: Royal Ramblings: Jeff Jarrett Talks Impact Wrestling | The Huffington Post

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
WrestleZone:

2016-02-19-1455904715-5803345-Bennett1.jpg

Impact Wrestling has secured two of its top stars for another year, as “The Miracle” Mike Bennett and his wife Maria Kanellis will be signing new contracts soon, Wrestlezone has learned.

The couple made the jump to Impact Wrestling in January 2016 after a successful run in Ring of Honor and New Japan Pro Wrestling, which saw Bennett win both the ROH tag team titles and the IWGP tag team titles alongside Matt Taven. In their first year with the promotion, Bennett has won the X-Division Championship and worked several main event level programs, including a match for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship, while the former WWE Diva Maria has held the TNA Knockouts Championship.

While I’ve been told Mike and Maria will not have complete control over their bookings outside of TNA like a Cody Rhodes or Matt Hardy level talent does, Bennett will be honoring the independent dates he has already committed to, and has a list of promotions he wants to continue working for over the next year.

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
I love how Lashley is damn confident in his abilities like a champion should be....

Stupid ass Josh Matthews: What are you gonna do to Josh Barnett next week? :lupe:
Bauce Lashley: I'mma whoop his ass :myman: