YlUhLoO.jpg

:mjlol:

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
Turning Point 2007

Poor AJ, every match with Rhino ends with him bleeding from the nose, mouth, or both. Lol at another fukk finish between them, this time with AJ refusing to break the 10 count and staying down because Rhino was waiting for him to get up and piledrive him off the apron. So AJ outsmarts Rhino even if he loses the match, but afterwards Rhino tries to gore him through a table on the entrance opening and AJ moved and they played AJ's music. That's two months in a row where AJ made Rhino look like a fool, even if Rhino won. :mjlol:

Daniels/Lynn/Sabin had some neat spots taking advantage of the 6 sides of the ring when it was still novel, Lynn looked good after being out of the ring for the majority of the prior 3 years.

Aries/Shelley is maybe the longest 10 minute match I've ever seen. fukk. If you can find a match that's 10 minutes long and feels longer than this, please let me know so I can avoid it like the plague. This whole Kevin Nash thing is entertaining and all, but almost the entire X-Division is wrapped up in these comedy skits and care more about winning a bowling trophy from Kevin Nash than competing for the X Division championship. It's really pretty weird when you think about it, because this whole thing went on for like 6 months and all it led to for these guys was Chris Sabin leaving the group entirely to win the title and turn heel. All this particular match led to was Austin Aries being a bytchy little bytch and SHOOTING on Kevin Nash and Low Ki I guess kind of turning face as a result.

This VKM segment :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol: Since Vince wouldn't acknowledge them, they declared themselves the winner of this war and the whole segment was 10 minutes of PPV time to do RAH RAH TNA TNA TNA bullshyt when the reality was they were being ignored and tried to spin it and had to drop the angle due to the threat of lawsuits. What came after though:gucci: This show is basically the birth of the Knockouts division. Earlier in the show, Gail Kim reluctantly managed the now heel James Storm. It was played up that she didn't really have much choice, as with Chris Harris' status and future unknown, she had to work, and TNA doesn't have a women's division, so what could she do? At the end of the VKM segment, Christy Hemme came out and cut an impassioned (but hilariously melodramatic) promo about how much she and the other women love the business but are treated like disposable objects, when all they want to do is wrestle like the men. It goes on and on with Road Dogg being sympathetic and Billy Gunn straight up calling her a slut and saying women are only good for sucking dikks:what: She slaps him and BG has to tackle Billy to keep him from trying to murder Christy. So the seeds are definitely being planted for women to wrestle in TNA, but just a month ago even the face announcers were literally discussing cup size and calling a woman who had previously been a WWE Women's Champion "eye candy" like she wasn't a wrestler at all, so it might take some time for people to take this shyt seriously. On the other hand, they also had Miss Jackie debut and take out Gail, so there is actually a possible match between two women who are trained wrestlers that is ready to go. Of course, once the segment ends it's never mentioned again the rest of the show :russ:

LAX vs Dudleys was weird, there were multiple spots between Bubba and Homicide that were supposed to look like things were breaking down and they were SHOOTING, but Bubba was feeding and leaning in for all of Homicide's punches. Maybe it's just the size difference between the two is so huge that it just came off that way no matter what they were doing. It's pretty short and has a finish of a drunk Spike dressed up like Santa (the implication being that he's been on a bender for a few weeks and still in the same Santa suit he wore on TV weeks ago) falling off the top rope after taking a swig for the working man and falling on Homicide, causing a DQ. :mjlol: With Double J MIA, LAX matches seem to fill the role of heel champions with fukk finishes to retain their titles in the dumbest ways. Bubba beat the shyt out of Spike after the match. I don't think this led to anything. Spike was off TV for a couple of months before this, then came back for a handful of matches, then was off TV for months again before TNA released him later in the year.

Kurt/Joe iron man match was ...okay. In general, iron man matches tend not to do much for me, especially 30 minute ones where guys are dropping falls and selling exhaustion that they never would in a match that went 30 minutes without a time limit set to it. I think these matches really need strategy and extra strong logic and they almost never have it. 2/3 falls matches usually have a similar issue where falls are dropped way quicker than they would in a normal match, and then as the match goes into the last fall, moves that would end matches in a normal match and likely ended an earlier fall no longer work when they should be even more devastating at that point in the match. Running this dream match, biggest money feud they had 3 months in a row was probably not the right call, as it's a feud they could have spread out over a year and come back to it every 3-4 months with more and more hype instead of burning it out immediately. At least this is better than most TNA vs ex-WWE star feuds where Joe comes off as an equal and had his profile raised instead of lowered at the end. Their second match stands head and shoulders above the others in this trilogy. But of course, they'll have a number of singles matches in the future and a ton of tag matches with and against each other.

Christian/Sting/Abyss :mjlol: I kind of like the Jesus vs Satan battling for Abyss' soul thing, and Christian is just waiting in the cut to steal the title in the middle of this goofy melodrama. This was certainly better than their previous triple threat at least in terms of not blowing every spot. :mjlol: at Tomko being in a cage at ringside yet still playing a critical role in the match both while in the cage and after he was released. Finish was classic WCW/TNA dumb shyt where Abyss gets eliminated by Sting, thereby ensuring a new champion would be crowned. James Mitchell comes back out and releases Tomko from the cage, who then attacks Sting. Abyss comes back out and saves Sting, fighting Tomko off. Mitchell is caught between Sting and Abyss and Abyss has his arm wrapped in a chain and fakes hitting Christian but then SWERVES and hits Sting in the back of the head. Sting's back os to him, there was no need to pantomime he was going to hit Christian instead, because Sting couldn't see it anyway. It was just for the benefit of the crowd, and while I understand that's how it works because...well, they're literally playing to a crowd, that kind of stuff bugs me in the same way heels getting heat not by doing bad things but by trying to annoy the crowd in the middle of a match (like the heel dive fake out or I'M GONNA HIT THIS BIG MOVE LOL CHINLOCK GOT YA).

Over all, while the finishes can sometime leave something to be desired, one big positive you can say for TNA during this time is that from month to month, the PPV matches make sense even if you aren't following TV. It shows there was, at one time, some actual thought and planning put into what they were doing. Coming out of this you can assume most of the match for next month's PPV: Sabin vs Lynn, Gail/Petey vs Storm/Jackie, Angle vs Christian (already confirmed by the end of the show), Aries vs Low Ki, Dudleys/LAX gimmick match, Sting vs Abyss gimmick match, presumably the AJ/Rhino blow off match. In other periods of company history, those matches would all either happen on TV before the next PPV or not happen at all. In WWE today, they'd all happen 5 times before the next PPV. There's a long term set up for title feuds and even an entire division.

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
Man wtf at how the Knockouts Division comes along

So Christy Hemme cuts this impassioned promo about how terrible women are treated in the industry and they just want to wrestle and contribute like the men, which leads to Billy Gunn telling her women are only good for sucking dikks. She spends the next month petitioning TNA Management to have a match, so Jim Cornette, the FACE authority figure, relents and books her in a match at Against All Odds 2007, but won't tell her who her opponent is. It's a TUXEDO MATCH...against Fat Naked Oily Guy. She wins the match, but the FACE announcers are rooting against her because 1. They don't want to see FNOG stripped, and 2. They DO want to see Christy stripped. After the match, Billy Gunn comes out and forcibly rips her shirt off to the cheers of the audience and the announcers. This whole time Christy is portrayed as some dumb annoying broad to borderline heel by all the face authority and commentary people. Literally all she wants is for the women to be allowed to wrestle and not treated like disposable objects. She actually IS turned heel after this, bringing in teams against the New Age Outlaws, who are faces despite Billy Gunn being outright, openly, and proudly misogynistic to the cheers of the crowd and support of commentary and face management.

The whole damn company are heels here :gucci:They literally have Billy forcibly stripping this woman asking for respect and everyone cheers and management laughs it off. Should have been a sexual harassment/discrimination lawsuit angle.

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
411MANIA | Killer Kross Asked for Impact Wrestling Release After Failing To Get Pay Raise

PWInsider reports that tensions have arisen between Killer Kross and Impact Wrestling, resulting in Kross recently asking for his release.

Kross has allegedly not been happy with his currently multi-year contract with Impact, which he signed a year ago, and is also not happy with how he’s being used. He requested a raise from the company that would match what he thinks he would get if he was a free agent — a six-figures per year, guaranteed contract that would pay him a fixed salary instead of paying him per date booked. Despite feeling like they signed him a year ago when he was less known, a deal he agreed to, and then providing him a platform to grow, Impact did offer him a new three-year contract, but it was not for six-figures per year. Kross ended up turning the deal down and asking for his release a week ago.

Kross has had tryouts with WWE in the past and WWE, as well as others, are said to have interest in him. Impact, however, has not granted him his release and he is under contract with them for several more years.

Impact’s next TV taping is in New York City in June and Kross is expected to be part of it.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
411MANIA | Killer Kross Asked for Impact Wrestling Release After Failing To Get Pay Raise

PWInsider reports that tensions have arisen between Killer Kross and Impact Wrestling, resulting in Kross recently asking for his release.

Kross has allegedly not been happy with his currently multi-year contract with Impact, which he signed a year ago, and is also not happy with how he’s being used. He requested a raise from the company that would match what he thinks he would get if he was a free agent — a six-figures per year, guaranteed contract that would pay him a fixed salary instead of paying him per date booked. Despite feeling like they signed him a year ago when he was less known, a deal he agreed to, and then providing him a platform to grow, Impact did offer him a new three-year contract, but it was not for six-figures per year. Kross ended up turning the deal down and asking for his release a week ago.

Kross has had tryouts with WWE in the past and WWE, as well as others, are said to have interest in him. Impact, however, has not granted him his release and he is under contract with them for several more years.

Impact’s next TV taping is in New York City in June and Kross is expected to be part of it.

I think both sides have valid points here. I have no clue what Impact's plan with Kross is, because he really hasn't done much of shyt over there.

But by the same token, him wanting star level money is absolutely laughable. I can't tell you a damn thing about Killer Kross as a wrestler that stands out, and I'm certain I've watched more than a couple of his matches :mjlol:

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
I think both sides have valid points here. I have no clue what Impact's plan with Kross is, because he really hasn't done much of shyt over there.

But by the same token, him wanting star level money is absolutely laughable. I can't tell you a damn thing about Killer Kross as a wrestler that stands out, and I'm certain I've watched more than a couple of his matches :mjlol:

He's definitely got star quality, he just hasn't done anything yet.

Had any memorable feuds or won any belts that make him feel legitimate.

He's putting the cart before the horse.

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
Sacrifice 2007 is :banderas: There's no way WWE put on as good of a PPV that year. A super varied crowd with good matches in just about every format you can ask for and a hot crowd that stayed that way from start to finish. What's really amazing is that this is coming right after Lockdown 07, which was a disaster from start to finish.

Super fun sprinty flippy triple threat with Sonjay/Sabin/Lethal

A genuinely delightful Robert Roode vs face Double J match that was worked like a classic 80s territory match, but then they started twisting all of the classic spots for the modern era so basically the whole back half of the match was misdirection spots and it was :blessed: Face Double J >>>>>>> heel Jeff Jarrett, which is wild but Jeff might actually be TOO GOOD of a heel to the point where you just hate seeing him all together. He had a handful of face runs in TNA and they were all definitely more enjoyable than his heel runs. Not being the focus of the show and being lower on the card certainly helps in that regard as well.

Daniels vs Rhino wasn't blow away but had rock solid psychology and Daniels should for sure bring back the beard and head stubble look.

The Basham Brothers vs Billy Gunn, the only true dud on the show, it was still kept under 5 minutes and Billy got smashed:mjlol:Lmao at Danny/Damaja's post WWE gear being an over sized t shirt and jnco jorts :mjlol:

Chris Harris vs James Storm in a Texas Death match. This is the culmination of 5 months of the AMW angle, and the blood in this match is :picard: Storm has one of the most gruesome blade jobs I think I've ever seen. On par with Muta, Eddie in 2004, and Cena in 2005. Harris' cut sealed up pretty fast. Storm's was POURING almost the entire match. Every where he went there was literally a puddle of blood, the crimson mask was full and thick and you could actually see the blood coming out of his already completely covered face every time they got a close up all the way to the end of the match. The perfect blow off, amazing considering their match at Lockdown was fukking terrible. A blindfold match. In a cage match. And the hoods kept falling off of both guys every 90 seconds. :mjlol:

A random ass 4 way X match with Jerry Lynn/Low Ki/Alex Shelley and....a random Tiger Mask IV Again, solid, nothing blow away, but the addition of Tiger Mask was pretty weird. They flew him in just for this show and the next night's Impact taping. It looks like he did a couple of NWA shows the week before (title matches with Low Ki and Quackenbush, and an IWA show against AJ, I had no idea TNA talent were still doing IWA shows in 2007)

LAX vs Dudleys vs Tomko/Steiner is probably the best Dudleys match I've seen in TNA, which means while this wasn't particularly good, it wasn't completely garbage like most of their matches.

AJ vs Joe :jawalrus:

Sting vs Christian vs Angle was a very well paced triple threat that was designed to always give Sting time to rest so he wouldn't blow up half way through and ruin the match. This is the first time Kurt looks completely clear headed in his TNA run. You can tell when he's either fukked up or had been fukked up in the days/day of a match because his voice would always be deeper/hoarse, he'd be sweating profusely for no reason, his intensity level would be at 10 at all times, and his eyes would be glassy and far off. This show was like the pre WM19 Kurt with a clear voice, clear eyes, comedic timing, and physically he also looked and moved better than he had in a good year at this point. The finish was one you knew was going to be over turned at the next TV taping but for the moment fans got to go home excited to see Kurt walk out with the NWA Championship.

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Sacrifice 2007 is :banderas: There's no way WWE put on as good of a PPV that year. A super varied crowd with good matches in just about every format you can ask for and a hot crowd that stayed that way from start to finish. What's really amazing is that this is coming right after Lockdown 07, which was a disaster from start to finish.

Super fun sprinty flippy triple threat with Sonjay/Sabin/Lethal

A genuinely delightful Robert Roode vs face Double J match that was worked like a classic 80s territory match, but then they started twisting all of the classic spots for the modern era so basically the whole back half of the match was misdirection spots and it was :blessed: Face Double J >>>>>>> heel Jeff Jarrett, which is wild but Jeff might actually be TOO GOOD of a heel to the point where you just hate seeing him all together. He had a handful of face runs in TNA and they were all definitely more enjoyable than his heel runs. Not being the focus of the show and being lower on the card certainly helps in that regard as well.

Daniels vs Rhino wasn't blow away but had rock solid psychology and Daniels should for sure bring back the beard and head stubble look.

The Basham Brothers vs Billy Gunn, the only true dud on the show, it was still kept under 5 minutes and Billy got smashed:mjlol:Lmao at Danny/Damaja's post WWE gear being an over sized t shirt and jnco jorts :mjlol:

Chris Harris vs James Storm in a Texas Death match. This is the culmination of 5 months of the AMW angle, and the blood in this match is :picard: Storm has one of the most gruesome blade jobs I think I've ever seen. On par with Muta, Eddie in 2004, and Cena in 2005. Harris' cut sealed up pretty fast. Storm's was POURING almost the entire match. Every where he went there was literally a puddle of blood, the crimson mask was full and thick and you could actually see the blood coming out of his already completely covered face every time they got a close up all the way to the end of the match. The perfect blow off, amazing considering their match at Lockdown was fukking terrible. A blindfold match. In a cage match. And the hoods kept falling off of both guys every 90 seconds. :mjlol:

A random ass 4 way X match with Jerry Lynn/Low Ki/Alex Shelley and....a random Tiger Mask IV Again, solid, nothing blow away, but the addition of Tiger Mask was pretty weird. They flew him in just for this show and the next night's Impact taping. It looks like he did a couple of NWA shows the week before (title matches with Low Ki and Quackenbush, and an IWA show against AJ, I had no idea TNA talent were still doing IWA shows in 2007)

LAX vs Dudleys vs Tomko/Steiner is probably the best Dudleys match I've seen in TNA, which means while this wasn't particularly good, it wasn't completely garbage like most of their matches.

AJ vs Joe :jawalrus:

Sting vs Christian vs Angle was a very well paced triple threat that was designed to always give Sting time to rest so he wouldn't blow up half way through and ruin the match. This is the first time Kurt looks completely clear headed in his TNA run. You can tell when he's either fukked up or had been fukked up in the days/day of a match because his voice would always be deeper/hoarse, he'd be sweating profusely for no reason, his intensity level would be at 10 at all times, and his eyes would be glassy and far off. This show was like the pre WM19 Kurt with a clear voice, clear eyes, comedic timing, and physically he also looked and moved better than he had in a good year at this point. The finish was one you knew was going to be over turned at the next TV taping but for the moment fans got to go home excited to see Kurt walk out with the NWA Championship.

For real any match where Storm blades is a classic. On par crimson mask here in this classic with Roode:

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps

Looks like this was a really good match. Is Elgin a heel or tweener?

When Elgin is outside the ring and kneeling near the guardrail you can hear a brief conversation with a fan:

Fan: "You don't suck as bad as I thought you did, Elgin."
Elgin: "Awesome."
:heh: