The official TLR State of the Union fukkery watch thread (Starts at 9PM ET)

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
Smart-Select-20240307-214955-Chrome.jpg
Kinda true but so petty :dead:

skokiaan

African original
Daps
Reppin
One Africa
They wanted him to add more seats when he 1st got elected and he didn't want to. He wanted to give the current ones a fair shake at being non-political. He's now basically saying... give me the majority and we'll vote to add more Supreme Court Justice seats and I'll add them ASAP.
I took it as him telling them to stop being scary by pandering to trump coz women won't be voting maga :ehh:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

On February 1, Joe Biden took the biggest step any U.S. president has ever taken against Israel’s settler movement. He issued an executive order “imposing certain sanctions on persons undermining peace, security, and stability in the West Bank” and used this new authority to punish four Israeli settlers for violence against Palestinians and Israeli peace activists. But because the president’s directive dealt with the West Bank and not the war in Gaza, and was initially applied to only a handful of people, it was largely overlooked—or cast by critics as a symbolic sop to disaffected Arab and Muslim voters in places like Michigan.

A careful reading of the order and conversations with officials both inside and outside the U.S. government, however, reveal that the move was no PR exercise. It was a warning shot—part of a deliberate strategy to splinter Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s coalition and to advance the cause of the two-state solution. In time, it could even upend the U.S.-Israeli relationship.
The most telling language in this regard is also the most technical. At the outset, Biden’s directive gives the administration the authority to sanction anyone found “to be responsible for or complicit in” actions that imperil West Bank stability, “including directing, enacting, implementing, enforcing, or failing to enforce policies.” The key words here are “failing to enforce policies.” In deceptively bland legalese, this clause implies that the American administration already believes that Israel’s current authorities are not following their own laws. Violent settlers are not the only ones at fault—so, too, is the Netanyahu government that has not policed them.
Reason why I bring this up is it's so critical at this point. Getting people in Michigan and other Swing States to know dude is doing something and creating good optics is mandatory.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Also notice, now the Muslim/Arab voters are getting their issue at least SOMEWHAT addressed, though I doubt there's anything too substantive, but, as always, Blacks are just used to invoke emotion and further OTHER people's agenda, like Kamammy going to Edmund Pettus Bridge and using Bloody Sunday to talk about Gaza.

ANYTHING BUT TANGIBLES FOR BLACK PEOPLE

But that's y'all mans and them :hubie:

bnew

Veteran
Daps

Maddow on Britt’s rebuttal: She was one of the senators who was involved in the negotiations to create a border bill. She helped create the bill. And then voted against it when Trump called on Republicans to pull the plug on the bill that they themselves negotiated