The Official The Leftovers Season 2 Thread

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
So this isn't coming back until April. Hopefully that runs right into GoT.
:dahell:

Whats up with all HBO shows being delayed

First Game of Thrones,then Westworld season 2 possibly won't air til 2018 and now The Leftovers deleayed til spring

I wonder what HBO is gonna show on Sundays from December til April

Do they have any new shows dropping?

Tical

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

First Game of Thrones,then Westworld season 2 possibly won't air til 2018 and now The Leftovers deleayed til spring

The Young Pope and Big Little Lies. I could also see The Deuce getting the spring slot ahead of The Leftovers because it will likely have more Emmy appeal.

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York

Game is delayed, winter is here so they need to show that in all locations now.

Daps
You mad that the turd known as Rectify never caught on and is finished,
Rectify is pretty much the antithesis of what this board watches. I couldn't give a fukk if it caught on or not. It's still getting higher praise than this smart dumb shyt, three seasons later.

:umad:
meanwhile everyone acknowledges Leftovers as top 2 on TV:mjlol:
Top 2? :mjlol:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The Leftovers Is Heading To Australia In Season 3
Gayai2f.jpg

HBO’s uniquely apocalyptic drama The Leftovers spent its debut season in upstate New York, then moved the beleaguered Garvey family to a Texas town for season 2, and now in its third-and-final outing, Kevin (Justin Theroux) makes another sudden departure by trekking all the way down to Oz.

“Australia is the end of the world geographically and our show is about the end-of-the-world emotionally,” showrunner Damon Lindelof explains. “And there’s also something about Australian cinema — it’s primal, ancient and spiritual — that felt like it fit The Leftovers, whether it’s Mad Max movies or Walkabout, or Waking Fright or Peter Weir movies.”

Lindelof is closely guarding the secrets of the final episodes, but the showrunner tells us that Kevin initially plans a rather brief visit down under along with certain other characters — as you’d expect from a show about a rapture-like event, not everybody gets to take the trip (“This is not like The Bradys going to Hawaii,” Lindelof says).

But once he arrives, Kevin’s troubled father (Scott Glenn), who may or may not be hearing messages from God, pulls him into a rather unexpected situation. “It’s like The Godfather,” Lindelof says. “Marlon Brando keeps telling his son Michael, ‘I don’t want this business for you,’ but every time the sh– hits the fan, Michael is in the room. So Senior is mixed up in something and pulls Kevin into it.”

Read More: 'The Leftovers': First Look at the Final Season with Damon Lindelof