The Official The Leftovers Season 2 Thread

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hope we get a character study episode for John ( the head firefighter) like we did with Nora and Matt. Maybe a flashback. To the attempted Murder?

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
@detroitwalt Rev most probably doesn't fukk with him because of his jail time, also most probably knows the person he tried to kill
Oh yeah that's a good possibility. I cracked up when Kevin asked what happened and he said something like "Guess I didn't try hard enough"

And where did that baby come from? I don't remember her

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Nice episode. How are spoilers handled here? Everything fair game when it airs or no?
Thoughts on episode - this was before reading the article below.
Watching the first few minutes. I was like damn, did a nikka rickroll me or some shyt with this download. :to:. Was nice to see Eddie Winslow,so it was fukk John Murphy and w/e agenda he has when he lit his house up and beat him up. This dude crazy as hell. That preacher has to know this as well. Since he stopped Dr. Who from spilling more stuff about his past......that may upset John? His daughter sexy as hell w/o the geek attire.

Also for those who want to know what was up with the prologue
The land where all that took place in the prologue is where the town of Jarden is currently built upon. Also it's meant to be a parrallel between the woman/her baby and nora/holy wayne baby. Symbolisms etc.
:sas2:

I got that from here Reza Aslan Addresses Every Mystery in The Leftovers' Premier.
Reza is a consultant on the show. It touches on the importance of the prologue. It only covers the first episode. So if you watched that, you won't be spoiled about future epis reading the article. The meaning of the name of the episode. Why John acts the way he does. The spoon scene. The cricket (non answer anyway, which means it will mean something later i guess.). Goat scene.
Axis Mundi - an ancient thought that goes back thousands of years. The idea is there are parts of the planet that served as a cosmic pole around which the entire universe circles. So for instance, the pyramids at Giza, the temple in Jerusalem, the Kaaba in Mecca are axis mundis.It’s that the land itself was already sacred for some mysterious reason, and that’s why people put something there. Jarden is an axis mundi.
Prolouge - Land is the land Jarden is built upon
John - Doesn't believe in supernatural or faith. Which is why he attacked Eddie. Which is why the pastor mentioned he hadn't been to church in a while and stopped Dr. Who from telling his story. Knowing it would
upset John.
Jerry (Goat Scene) - Due to no one from the town vanishing. Some folks do some of the same things everyday, that they did on the day everyone disappeared in hopes of it being the thing that "saved" them. So Jerry sacrificed a goat randomly on departure day, now he does it everyday due to superstitions or something.
Old guy in tower in front of church - Old religious practice, Stylite - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:

Bruce LeRoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
The andre ward look alike was creepy as fukk throughout the entire episode.. but I'm guessing those firemen are trying to rootout all of the "trouble makers" like that cult in season 1 that stirred shyt up... who knows we'lll see, that was definitely a solid opening episode tho.