The Official The Leftovers Season 2 Thread

Daps
Reppin
NY
Is it just me or does this show's main purpose seem to be to drive us viewers away from religion ?

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i almost thought the opening sequence was a dream, the way jill was talking. jill has grown on me

• Dap
Reactions: Hi!
Daps
Is it just me or does this show's main purpose seem to be to drive us viewers away from religion ?
With the very nature of digging beneath the surface when one is dealing with grief (in a religion vs rationalism context), questions will eventually be solved by reason and not faith. It's probably why this season has been A LOT better than the first, because it tackles the differences and processes in a more realized and realistic fashion (although you still have dumb shyt like Matt spanking dudes with an oar), rather than the ruse of dressing grief up in jejune garb.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
To me... this show was always centered around believers and non-believers. It honestly depends on the viewers interpretation on the show's purpose, because they give us plenty of views from both sides of the spectrum.

Daps
What an episode. What a show:wow:

i told y'all nikkas last season that Holy Wayne was the equivalent of a Nigerian email scam:ufdup:
I'd argue that the character and the story itself was Lindelof's Nigerian email scam - that and Guilty Remnant. :manny:

Jesus Shuttlesworth

I Got Game
Daps
Reppin
Sovereignty
This show is crazy, brehs. :heh:

I'm finally caught up though so now I got wait til Sunday. :stopitslime:

It's 2015. No reason to still be going by this bullshyt "tune in next week" model. Drop the whole season and be done with it. Netflix, show em how to do this, son.