The Official The Leftovers Season 2 Thread

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
None of us do
:mjcry:

My thoughts exactly. I've liked this season a lot more than season 1, not sure exactly what to believe but it is fascinating to watch.

No way does Kevin stay dead. I agree with the theory that Virgil offed himself to act as a guide for Kevin (would explain Michael's reaction when Kevin showed up at the trailer and when he drug away his body). I'm betting he told Michael what would happen and what to do with the body, if you watched the preview w/Michael's reaction.......... Good to see the show address the magical negro trope as well.

The show will never concretely answer the larger metaphysical questions raised, but they have given answers to most of the mysteries of Jarden.

Virgil molested John when he was younger and that was who he shot. No wonder John is filled with so much anger :mjcry:

It wouldn't shock me at all if Kevin's handprint doesn't match the one on the window somehow, just like when he tried to kill himself the lake disappeared.

Lori is so much more tolerable now that she is talking. Her reasoning to Kevin in the hotel was very sound, Virgil presented one side of the equation while she presented another.

Patti trolling Kevin with that Egypt cum cup story.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
My thoughts exactly. I've liked this season a lot more than season 1, not sure exactly what to believe but it is fascinating to watch.

No way does Kevin stay dead. I agree with the theory that Virgil offed himself to act as a guide for Kevin (would explain Michael's reaction when Kevin showed up at the trailer and when he drug away his body). I'm betting he told Michael what would happen and what to do with the body, if you watched the preview w/Michael's reaction.......... Good to see the show address the magical negro trope as well.

The show will never concretely answer the larger metaphysical questions raised, but they have given answers to most of the mysteries of Jarden.

Virgil molested John when he was younger and that was who he shot. No wonder John is filled with so much anger :mjcry:

It wouldn't shock me at all if Kevin's handprint doesn't match the one on the window somehow, just like when he tried to kill himself the lake disappeared.

Lori is so much more tolerable now that she is talking. Her reasoning to Kevin in the hotel was very sound, Virgil presented one side of the equation while she presented another.

Patti trolling Kevin with that Egypt cum cup story.
lemme ask you this tho
cause i was thinkin about this after this episode
would you even care to see any kind of supernatural/spiritual shyt like all out for you to see clear as day at this point?
i really had to ask myself that cause for so long im just biting at my nails every episode since the first season waiting to be shown some type of fukkery that explains exactly what happened to these people
(now knowing that apparently they wont ever explain it) even without being told that im to the point where its like the show is just so weird and in my opinion not wild over the top that i honestly dont even care no more about where these people went off to
just watching these folks go through is enough for me at this point
on some real shyt when you really think about it
if people were to just up and disappear off the map in real life we probably would never find out what happened to them
but one thing you can bet on for certain

muthafukkas gonna be wildin out! :mjlol:

i mean, just watching the show and seeing these people try to go on with their lives is a trip in itself
this wasnt no terror attack and shyt
people DISAPPEARED!

im sittin at the table with my kid i go to grab some cereal turn back and hes gone! POOF!
aint nobody going back to work
fukk that :camby:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
lemme ask you this tho
would you even care to see any kind of supernatural/spiritual shyt like all out for you to see clear as day at this point?
i really had to ask myself that cause for so long im just biting at my nails every episode since the first season waiting to be shown some type of fukkery that explains exactly what happened to these people
(now knowing that apparently they wont ever explain it) even without being told that im to the point where its like the show is just so weird and in my opinion not wild over the top that i honestly dont even care no more about where these people went off to

Yeah, I'm not really looking for any kind of supernatural/spiritual explanation, especially when they said it won't be coming. I don't think they could really give a satisfactory one anyway. The show definitely deals with biblical themes on a lot of levels, but they aren't doing the Rapture as a solution or that God is responsible for everything. Something like aliens or multiple dimensions on the show seems off kilter with the world they have depicted, and they don't seem interested in that.

It is that uncertainty which just makes the show :mindblown: as a viewer. Like are we supposed to believe what Lori said? That Kevin is losing his mind, having a mental breakdown like his father and that Patty is a manifestation of his fractured psyche and he needs medication/treatment. Because that makes the most logical sense.

Yet in a world where 4% of the world's population has vanished, it could just as likely be that Kevin is indeed seeing Patti and he needed to die in order to battle some antagonist that Virgil will help him with. That he will come back somehow reborn :lupe:. If he is comes back better, does it even matter which narrative is true :jbhmm:

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
lemme ask you this tho
if people were to just up and disappear off the map in real life we probably would never find out what happened to them
but one thing you can bet on for certain

muthafukkas gonna be wildin out! :mjlol:

i mean, just watching the show and seeing these people try to go on with their lives is a trip in itself
this wasnt no terror attack and shyt
people DISAPPEARED!

im sittin at the table with my kid i go to grab some cereal turn back and hes gone! POOF!
aint nobody going back to work
fukk that :camby:
So you would live rent free and food would be free?