The Official "The Affair" Thread

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
This fukking show needs recognition just for the style of story telling alone. The multiple perspectives and time jumps are done in a way where the story is told in a fashion unique to anything else on TV. They reveal the answer to questions the audience has nonchalantly as hell. Season one we're all wondering whose murder is being investigated and they just tell us organically as opposed to building up tension and having ominous music play in the background before dropping the shocking exposal. They make excellent use of misdirection. Most importantly, the characters are real as fukk. Everyone on this show is flawed as fukk. No bad guy to root against or good guy to root for. Just fukked up individuals dealing with fukked up situations in fukked up ways. Can't wait for season 3:wow:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
This fukking show needs recognition just for the style of story telling alone. The multiple perspectives and time jumps are done in a way where the story is told in a fashion unique to anything else on TV. They reveal the answer to questions the audience has nonchalantly as hell. Season one we're all wondering whose murder is being investigated and they just tell us organically as opposed to building up tension and having ominous music play in the background before dropping the shocking exposal. They make excellent use of misdirection. Most importantly, the characters are real as fukk. Everyone on this show is flawed as fukk. No bad guy to root against or good guy to root for. Just fukked up individuals dealing with fukked up situations in fukked up ways. Can't wait for season 3:wow:
These last two seasons are up there with some of the best TV i've ever seen.

Definitely engaging, and I usually don't fukk with ROMANTIC dramas.

Daps
Reppin
Charlotte, North Carolina

:salute: WELL SAID MY nikka

BREHS THINK THIS shyt IS A ROMANTIC TYPE BROAD SHOW :scust:

THIS shyt IS REAL ASS fukkERY :obama:

THE STORY TELLING AND PERSPECTIVE IS :ohlawd:

SHOWTIME GOT ONE WITH THIS :whew:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I really hope this doesn't get the Showtime curse and fall off.
giphy.gif

Daps
Def one of the best season finales in recent memory for any tv shows.:blessed:

Brehs........:banderas:

This nikka Noah McNulty taking the charge for the woman. He a better man than me. The kid aint his and Alison known to bust it wide open for any new nikka would have me telling the jew lawyer drop the hammer on her.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Holy shyt :wow:

Im sorry the knick but the affair is the best show on television no contest.

That finale blew me away. The whole season blew me away.

Scotty singing scene had me :banderas: beautifully framed and shot. Cinematography on point.

The way they have played with the perspectives,as well as time jumps while weaving it all together naturally has been awe inspiring. This is some of the best writing Ive seen on any show,ever. The last time I was this in awe of writing like this was the first time I watched "Memento."

None of that would mean much if the acting wasn't on point,but every single actor nails their character. These are real people,in real situations.

Their is just no match in my mind for well written character drama. This has replaced "Mad Men" for me,and if it keeps up will be sitting comfortably among my goats. The Leftovers relies too much on goofy supernatural stuff and it brings down the rest of the show.I had so many doubts about them even being able to match s1 and they blew s1 out of the water.

9.5/10 season.

Fargo :mjlol:

Justise M

Superstar
Daps
noah :cape:at the end of the season finale :mjlol:

can ya'll imagine a black version of this show, he would have been in the court room :ufdup: at both of them

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
thats how u do a finale :wow:

noah the hoe saver :blessed:.....even tho he :cape: for a broad that cheated on him and let her ex man skeet in her :mjlol::scust:

he must have some crazy love thing going on with Allison cuz there's no way im going to jail for a woman thats NOT the mother of my child :what: like just tell em she pushed him out into the street because of the rape shyt and u hit him and get that white privilege manslaughter ruling :francis: prolly wont even spend 6 months in jail if u do at all tbh

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
Same, I was like :shaq2: when they showed Helen hit Scotty. I was like "well that ruins the next half and I'm not expecting much" when you climax that early, the rest of the show is going to he anticlimactic as hell. But then they showed Alison push him and I was like :wtf:

Crazy how they still manage to keep the element of surprise alive even after they exposed who hit him :wow:

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Another great season finale. :banderas:

When this show ends, I am going to rewatch it, because it has so many layers.

Speaking of show ending, how many seasons do you guys think this show will last for?

I say two more seasons. :ld:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Another great season finale. :banderas:

When this show ends, I am going to rewatch it, because it has so many layers.

Speaking of show ending, how many seasons do you guys think this show will last for?

I say two more seasons. :ld:
I don't even know what they can do next season to be honest. All the mystery has been revealed.

Knowing showtime, they'll run this into the ground with like 8 seasons :mjcry:

I'd be happy with just one more solid season. shyt if they just left it at this season, I'd be fine with that. I'd hate to see this show start to go bad.