The Official Team USA Basketball Thread: Going For The Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
The problem is that he basically won them a gold medal in 2008 with that same kind of play, in his mind those are good shots. And honestly some of them aren't terrible, he just is trying to find a way to fit in the offense. All he knows is catch at the high post, pivot and either clear space for a shot or take a couple of dribbles and pull up.

It's nowhere near the same kind of play. All of Kobe's buckets in the 4th in '08 came within the flow of the offense. Whether he was attacking the basket, or hitting threes off catch and shoots, when the ball came to him he was making quick decisions.

This year, he's getting the ball on iso's and holding it for 10 seconds before putting up unnecessary heavily contested jump shots

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
coach k took kobe out and put in deron

and dwill started beasting...game was done by then

Yeah everyone out there is capable of beasting. It's why it makes no sense to leave a guy out there for extended periods of time just because there is some chance that he might snap out of it. The team is full of guys that have been bringing it every game.

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Be real. Kobe is really the only player I've seen on the team force shots that aren't there......repeatedly.

It's annoying.

I've seen lebron force shots at the three point line when he could of passed it among others you just notice kobe more because of his history.

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah everyone out there is capable of beasting. It's why it makes no sense to leave a guy out there for extended periods of time just because there is some chance that he might snap out of it. The team is full of guys that have been bringing it every game.

Well the team is not coached by you, kobe is apart of the team and he is supported just as much as the rest of the players. Defensively kobe is not much worse than westbrook and the whole team has been getting burned defensively for the most part. You say that everyone on the team is capable of beasting, well so is kobe when he gets himself going, more so than westbrook or harden who would replace him.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
I've seen lebron force shots at the three point line when he could of passed it among others you just notice kobe more because of his history.
Bullshyt.... you and the guy that dapped this make believe

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
I refuse to get into this again, but all I will say is there is a reason why damn near every person that talks about 2008 says that Kobe took over and won that game for us in the 4th quarter. Doug Collins says it damn near every broadcast.

It aint even that it's dudes saying, Kobe won the game by himself and shyt like that, when wade had 27 points on 9-12 shooting, Kobe came thru and beasted in the fourth but the fukking disrespect that wade gets is ridiculous.

It's gotten to the point where wade doesn't get any credit at all, and I dont even like std but he beasted that entire game. When people talk about that game, I never even hear that wade had a good game. Its kobe carried them, he won it by himself, showed them how to do it and dumb bullshyt like that.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
It aint even that it's dudes saying, Kobe won the game by himself and shyt like that, when wade had 27 points on 9-12 shooting, Kobe came thru and beasted in the fourth but the fukking disrespect that wade gets is ridiculous.

It's gotten to the point where wade doesn't get any credit at all, and I dont even like std but he beasted that entire game. When people talk about that game, I never even hear that wade had a good game. Its kobe carried them, he won it by himself, showed them how to do it and dumb bullshyt like that.

word most of wades rep is from having glass bones :snoop:

but those couple of weeks when he was beastin for the heat when bosh and them were out he reminded nikkas :shaq: (double entendre? :yeshrug:)

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Well the team is not coached by you, kobe is apart of the team and he is supported just as much as the rest of the players. Defensively kobe is not much worse than westbrook and the whole team has been getting burned defensively for the most part. You say that everyone on the team is capable of beasting, well so is kobe when he gets himself going, more so than westbrook or harden who would replace him.

Like you just acknowledged, Kobe is one of many players on the team that is capable of scoring. This is an allstar team. With how things have been going, I'd rather Westbrook or Harden be in there so the ball is in the hands of LeBron, Durant, or Melo more often. Kobe isn't getting hot often enough to justify the long periods of bad defense, forced shots, turnovers, and generally sluggish play.

Brooklynzson

Just a kid from Brooklyn
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Coli
kobe101.jpg

:ohhh:

iamduval

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
kobe stans are masters of revisionist history. the nikka did not carry the 08 squad. dont listen to these,fat fukks

Status
Not open for further replies.