The Official Team USA Basketball Thread: Going For The Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
You're dumber than shyt. I'm glad Kobe finally got hot because I want this team to win but please be smart enough to realize that he was doing nothing but dragging them down until it was a 15 point game with like 5-6 mins left in the game. That 3 point outburst basically just made up for the points he had been shaving all game and the lead was safe anyway.

I feel bad for you people that have to root for this guy every day. Like I said, as long as he is in the game, I want him to do well so the team can win but when he isn't hitting, he's not affecting the game in other ways and is honestly just a liability out there. There are enough guys on this team capable of blacking out on offense that I don't really want Coach K overplaying the old man and waiting around for it to happen.

I'm not gonna stoop down to your lower level of intelligence and go back and forth on this so I'll address this once. It's obvious that your quote comes from your undying hate for Kobe. Why? Because he clearly is still capable of doing what he did yesterday at any point. It's clear he just struggled for a couple of games, but he would get back in rhythm after a few baskets. You wanna bench Kobe for Westbrook or whomever when he nor any other player on the bench sans Melo has the ability to go off like Kobe did. THAT'S why you keep a player like Kobe out there, because you KNOW he will go off at any point. His lack of shooting wasn't to the detriment of the team, so if he did go off, that only makes them that much greater. But you, you'd rather see him struggle and have somebody else out there because of how much you hate the man. It killed you that Kobe went off instead of Durant or Melo again. It killed you that he was the one along with LeBron's beast game that separated us from the Aussies. It kills you. This team us only so much better with Kobe beasting and it kills you. That's why I say you make dumb posts and that you just speak from hate an not what's best for the team.

Grams

Grams Grands Gucci G'd Up
Daps
Reppin
Eastside
:childplease:i disagree, Durant is one of Kobe's biggest supporters and he wants Kobe to shine

When KD's looking for a pass and Kobe takes a bad shot he always looking at the bench like "here this nikka go again :scusthov:" other players ignore it but KD makes it known that he doesn't like it.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
When KD's looking for a pass and Kobe takes a bad shot he always looking at the bench like "here this nikka go again :scusthov:" other players ignore it but KD makes it known that he doesn't like it.

yeah

its crazy though, KD and all these other youngins on the squad grew up watching Kobe like the rest of us

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I'm not gonna stoop down to your lower level of intelligence and go back and forth on this so I'll address this once. It's obvious that your quote comes from your undying hate for Kobe. Why? Because he clearly is still capable of doing what he did yesterday at any point. It's clear he just struggled for a couple of games, but he would get back in rhythm after a few baskets. You wanna bench Kobe for Westbrook or whomever when he nor any other player on the bench sans Melo has the ability to go off like Kobe did. THAT'S why you keep a player like Kobe out there, because you KNOW he will go off at any point. His lack of shooting wasn't to the detriment of the team, so if he did go off, that only makes them that much greater. But you, you'd rather see him struggle and have somebody else out there because of how much you hate the man. It killed you that Kobe went off instead of Durant or Melo again. It killed you that he was the one along with LeBron's beast game that separated us from the Aussies. It kills you. This team us only so much better with Kobe beasting and it kills you. That's why I say you make dumb posts and that you just speak from hate an not what's best for the team.

You say all of this as if your undying love for Kobe doesn't influence your opinion. Kobe is capable of getting hot and that's undeniable. The issue is, how often can he do it and how reliable is it? Beyond that, is it even worth waiting all game for? I think you've noticed over the last few years that Kobe can't simply turn it on whenever he wants to or needs to. If he's left out there long enough, he's eventually going to make some shots but that can be said for anyone. In the meantime, you're leaving someone out of the game who is going to get more rebounds, set up more teammates, play better defense, and affect the game more than he will.

This team doesn't live or die by what Kobe does. If they did, they might not have even made it this far.

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
You say all of this as if your undying love for Kobe doesn't influence your opinion. Kobe is capable of getting hot and that's undeniable. The issue is, how often can he do it and how reliable is it? Beyond that, is it even worth waiting all game for? I think you've noticed over the last few years that Kobe can't simply turn it on whenever he wants to or needs to. If he's left out there long enough, he's eventually going to make some shots but that can be said for anyone. In the meantime, you're leaving someone out of the game who is going to get more rebounds, set up more teammates, play better defense, and affect the game more than he will.

This team doesn't live or die by what Kobe does. If they did, they might not have even made it this far.

coach k took kobe out and put in deron

and dwill started beasting...game was done by then

Sam Peel

Banned
Daps
Reppin
South London
150015856.jpg

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

See the thing is that the haters on this forum and around the internet love acting like there is drama on the team. Oh this such and such person is tired of kobe shooting, this such and such player wants kobe off the team. And they get that opinion in a 5 fukking second look and they think they then know what that player is thinking. They are just stupid haters who love to hate.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Be real. Kobe is really the only player I've seen on the team force shots that aren't there......repeatedly.

It's annoying.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Be real. Kobe is really the only player I've seen on the team force shots that aren't there......repeatedly.

It's annoying.

That's the problem with him. For most great scorers if the outside shot ain't dropping you're taught to take it inside. These defenses aren't allowing that one-on-one penetrations so then he starts forcing shyt instead of being patient.

With that said I think it has been overblown how bad the team has been with him playing bad and how bad he's been. No matter who has been in the game Team USA has been playing everybody close until somebody gets hot and then the defense picks up from that momentum burst.

verbaltelekinesis

LWO Joint Chief
Daps
Reppin
Dallas

It's annoying.

The problem is that he basically won them a gold medal in 2008 with that same kind of play, in his mind those are good shots. And honestly some of them aren't terrible, he just is trying to find a way to fit in the offense. All he knows is catch at the high post, pivot and either clear space for a shot or take a couple of dribbles and pull up.

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
The problem is that he basically won them a gold medal in 2008 with that same kind of play, in his mind those are good shots. And honestly some of them aren't terrible, he just is trying to find a way to fit in the offense. All he knows is catch at the high post, pivot and either clear space for a shot or take a couple of dribbles and pull up.

Stop saying that . Wade was the best player on that team in 08 and hit clutch shots too. Go look at the play by play, Kobe didn't win team USA a medal, it's straight disrespectful to the rest of the squad and especially wade to say kobe won team USA a medal in 08, Kobe hit some clutch shots but so did wade.

I'm definitely remember kobe hitting a 4 point play but I remember wade hitting a dagger 3.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

verbaltelekinesis

LWO Joint Chief
Daps
Reppin
Dallas
Stop saying that . Wade was the best player on that team in 08 and hit clutch shots too. Go look at the play by play, Kobe didn't win team USA a medal, it's straight disrespectful to the rest of the squad and especially wade to say kobe won team USA a medal in 08, Kobe hit some clutch shots but so did wade.

I'm definitely remember kobe hitting a 4 point play but I remember wade hitting a dagger 3.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I refuse to get into this again, but all I will say is there is a reason why damn near every person that talks about 2008 says that Kobe took over and won that game for us in the 4th quarter. Doug Collins says it damn near every broadcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.