The Official Street Fighter 6 thread! We Open world fighting now?!

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Given the fact that they are releasing bison fairly quickly after the akuma release, you don't think they are speeding up the release schedule?

It feels like they are
Not at all. This shyt started with MK11

MK11 was the first fighting game to start this super spread out dlc release timeline back in 2019. Other fg devs have followed suit ever since. We all remember SF5 having more characters per season being released in a shorter window(1 character per month/two months)

I think the only reason they're releasing Bison so soon is to soften the blow because they know nikkas were gonna be :dahell: at the schedule announcement. We get Bison in two weeks, Terry sometime in the fall, and Elena a year from now :francis: I'm gonna assume someone at Capcom has the sense to know this wont go over well so they throw Bison at us a month after Akuma because they know it's gonna be a long year, especially after Terry drops

Now to be fair I don't think it's pure greed. I think the devs are definitely trying to stretch the dope but also make shyt easier on the dev teams and cut down on the forced crunch. Also these teams are different post covid. So while this is frustrating I think it's for the best if it improves the quality of life of the programmers

But damn :francis:

Last edited:

trap101

All Star
Daps
It's mentioned a bit more than that I thought but yeah, it's completely worthless if you were looking for advancement in anyone's storyline or anything.

Right now tekken's got the best story mode in fighting games in that sense, even if there's not as much content
I got turned off a bit by Tekken's story. How Jin turned to a demon a stuff came out of left field after I watched the first anime. Wasn't feeling it. But I still rock with it. But not that hard

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Not at all. This shyt started with MK11

MK11 was the first fighting game to start this super spread out dlc release timeline back in 2019. Other fg devs have followed suit ever since. We all remember SF5 having more characters per season being released in a shorter window(1 character per month/two months)

I think the only reason they're releasing Bison so soon is to soften the blow because they know nikkas were gonna be :dahell: at the schedule announcement. We get Bison in two weeks, Terry sometime in the fall, and Elena a year from now :francis: I'm gonna assume someone at Capcom has the sense to know this wont go over well so they throw Bison at us a month after Akuma because they know it's gonna be a long year, especially after Terry drops

Now to be fair I don't think it's pure greed. I think the devs are definitely trying to stretch the dope but also make shyt easier on the dev teams and cut down on the forced crunch. Also these teams are different post covid. So while this is frustrating I think it's for the best if it improves the quality of life of the programmers

But damn :francis:
You're probably right but I hope not

I just figured that they predetermined the release schedule for year 1 to

A. Take a break after working so long to release
B. Map out who and what's getting done for future years

I think the preannounced full year before doing any balance patch is also a part of that

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're probably right but I hope not

I just figured that they predetermined the release schedule for year 1 to

A. Take a break after working so long to release
B. Map out who and what's getting done for future years

I think the preannounced full year before doing any balance patch is also a part of that
I'm definitely right because I'm going off their own precedence. Right before SF6 came out they gave us the dlc layout and Akuma came out 11 months after the game released just like they said. Well now that they got away with that they're gonna push it a bit more to see if they can

I also think the decision, negotiations, and paperwork to put Terry and Mai in the game are very recent

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Then you’re gonna get MK1. :francis:

Matsumoto & co are dead serious on making this the best street fighter possible and the longest life cycle as well, it already shows. Which ever poster said this game is done in year 3 in snorting that good shyt.

These are the modern times. ArcSys, Bamco and Capcom know 6 characters are not feasible this gen with the dev cycles.

I’m cool with 4 characters as long as they are communicating with us like they did with Season V of SFV. What would be dope is if they drip fed us design and reason for character choices up to their launch.

You ended up with a lot of fluff characters or characters that were WAY over tuned like Abigail in SFV. Buy the end there were just too many damn characters in SFV and only a handful worth playing. Not to mention the production quality in SF6 clears SFV so hard its scary. Every time the drop a new character its coming with a new World Tour story and quest, and all that. Yeah...that stuff takes extra time.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You ended up with a lot of fluff characters or characters that were WAY over tuned like Abigail in SFV. Buy the end there were just too many damn characters in SFV and only a handful worth playing. Not to mention the production quality in SF6 clears SFV so hard its scary. Every time the drop a new character its coming with a new World Tour story and quest, and all that. Yeah...that stuff takes extra time.
I can't let this rock:dahell:

SF5 is still the most balanced fg ever made. You're not gonna find a game with as much high level character variety as 5 had during its run. No 8 Luke's in top 16 nonsense. Most of the cast ate in SF5

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I can't let this rock:dahell:

SF5 is still the most balanced fg ever made. You're not gonna find a game with as much high level character variety as 5 had during its run. No 8 Luke's in top 16 nonsense. Most of the cast ate in SF5

I didn't say it wasn't balanced. But I'll be perfectly honest and say I hated SFV. Too many characters had playstyles that I didn't care for.

Volt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Rio
Yes I was disappointed in that sense. I read the pre-game comic series and was anticipating the story being about Ken and being set up, but that whole shyt got nerfed big time only touched on in Ken's victory sequence.... :francis:
They don't even really follow through on Ken's story? :why:

Back to the Drive Bushes with this game. :ufdup:

trap101

All Star
Daps
They don't even really follow through on Ken's story? :why:

Back to the Drive Bushes with this game. :ufdup:
I can't speak to the quality of the gameplay, but storywise it was looking good but it did get fukked over due to the sheer size of the open world

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
If I still played the games I'd be taking this up with you in the Battle Hub. This slick talk you coming with about beating Ryu and Ken needs to be dealt with......

I fux with the FF animes tho. They fire:wow:

When Terry drops hmu Im never one to shy from the friendly fade :yeshrug:

And I never said RYU, thats my twin :ufdup: we talking about the hwite boiii....

Ken is Eminem, Terry is Paul Wall and I stand on that :birdman: