The Official Street Fighter 6 thread! We Open world fighting now?!

360Waves

2 girls and they get along like I'm Lou Will
Daps
Reppin
NYC
1507 Marisa
1440 Manon
1485 Kimberly

Really struggling with Manon lately. May drop her and play Kim significantly less. She's very under powered. I love her though :mjcry:
Manon garbage af tbh. The main reason I don’t have IDom even making Top 8 in EVO this year despite his talent. Laura had great tools for getting in, Manon does not.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Manon garbage af tbh. The main reason I don’t have IDom even making Top 8 in EVO this year despite his talent. Laura had great tools for getting in, Manon does not.

She's very limited vs characters who can contain her outside her preferred range.

At least she has good normals though. Kimberly does not.

Playing them feels like a handicap vs Marisa feeling so good lol

360Waves

2 girls and they get along like I'm Lou Will
Daps
Reppin
NYC
She's very limited vs characters who can contain her outside her preferred range.

At least she has good normals though. Kimberly does not.

Playing them feels like a handicap vs Marisa feeling so good lol
Kimberly is a weird character to me. Her normals are trash and her best button (CRMK) isn’t DI cancellable so you can catch her slipping often especially from a raw drive rush. But she has 10 million neutral skip moves, crazy mixups, and her pressure can feel unending when she is in. I think in the hands of true pros she could be a sleeper character this EVO.

Respectfully, Marisa is brain dead as fukk and I lack respect for the majority of Master ranks who use her. She is without a doubt the easiest character in the game. Her damage is beyond retarded and you can lose a round off the rip from 1 wrong guess. Also makes for annoying comebacks. She drains drive gauge like a MF and has Luke tier forward advancing buttons which doesn’t make any sense for her character. Not to mention her stance command grab thing is busted and can be spammed relentlessly in literally every situation. DR, both offensive and defensive wakeup, and for reversals when being pressured. She needs a nerf expeditiously.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Kimberly is a weird character to me. Her normals are trash and her best button (CRMK) isn’t DI cancellable so you can catch her slipping often especially from a raw drive rush. But she has 10 million neutral skip moves, crazy mixups, and her pressure can feel unending when she is in. I think in the hands of true pros she could be a sleeper character this EVO.

Respectfully, Marisa is brain dead as fukk and I lack respect for the majority of Master ranks who use her. She is without a doubt the easiest character in the game. Her damage is beyond retarded and you can lose a round off the rip from 1 wrong guess. Also makes for annoying comebacks. She drains drive gauge like a MF and has Luke tier forward advancing buttons which doesn’t make any sense for her character. Not to mention her stance command grab thing is busted and can be spammed relentlessly in literally every situation. DR, both offensive and defensive wakeup, and for reversals when being pressured. She needs a nerf expeditiously.

I'd say Kim's best normal is st.mk, but yeah that's a problem with her cr.mk for sure. Most of her neutral skip moves are react-able and therefore "fake" vs competent players. You kinda gotta throw the kitchen sink at them and hope something lands sometimes, which doesn't yield much stability/consistency.

I don't see her as a sleeper pick at all. IMO she is clearly a bottom 2 character. Whether she's better than Zangief or not is debatable, but there's no way she's above anyone else. She has tools, just less strong ones compared to the rest. Stubby neutral, low damage, the worst defensive options in the game are enough for me to make that call.

Marisa isn't hard to play, but it takes a fundamentally strong player to be consistent with her. She can be quite volatile due to her lack of speed, poor defense (not quite as bad as Kimberly's, but bad) and a 1 size fits all anti air option. I'd say the easiest character in the game is clearly Ken btw. He requires the least effort to be dominant and hits almost as hard as Marisa without her weaknesses.

I don't see a command grab as ever being busted due to it always being a risk.

Guile, Ken, Juri, Luke, Deejay and JP are all OBJECTIVELY better than her, so I hope you don't play any of them while talking about who need expeditious nerfs :mjpls: Cammy is generally seen as stronger (though it's close IMO). Chun Li, Dhalsim, and Blanka are arguably better as well.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Assuming they participate in Evo:
  • Shuto [Marisa] Japan
  • Namikaze [Dee Jay] Brazil
  • Nuckledu [Guile] USA
are the most dominant/oppressive players I've seen. Altho Fuudo, Mago, Angry/Big Birds, Xian, etc., are right there too.

Granted, we haven't seen all of them play each other on sf6 yet due to different regions/countries or whatever, so it'll make for some interesting first time bouts if/when these guys cross paths in Evo.