The Official Street Fighter 6 thread! We Open world fighting now?!

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't get this game. I beating people who are higher ranks than I am and losing bad to people who are unranked. What the fukk?
Because online rank is not the only indicator of skill or placement in fighting games

The genre is unique because so much of it has relied on in person competition for so long. You could be playing elite players in silver and have no idea who the person is:russ: that nikka may have gotten top 8 at majors, beaten GOATs and all that

With this being the case you might be running into nikkas in lower ranks that have just gotten the game but are highly skilled and sure to rise fast

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Punk vs Caba in top 8 CEO was incredible. Crowd reactions were crazy.

Kinda stinks that most of the elite Dee Jay players are foreigners / don't seem to participate in these USA-based FGC tourneys. Tho it's still early
Dee Jay is gonna take a minute. That character has a ton of layers to soak in

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County

Kinda stinks that most of the elite Dee Jay players are foreigners / don't seem to participate in these USA-based FGC tourneys. Tho it's still early
I feel like dee jay is strong but oversaturated. So even though he's a top 3 character in the game, you fight him a lot, so everyone is conditioned and primed to fight him

MalaKai

Luv is Luv
Daps
Reppin
#WeDemBoyz
Deejay be kicking my ass with that 44 bullshyt ass combo....and that stupid ass startup flying knee.

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
You probably need to slow down. That's the most general advice I could give based on most people's initial issues with cancelling.

Focus strictly on getting the motion down as slow and smooth as possible. When it becomes natural to you the speed will follow.

Another issue players tend to have is being unaware of how much top players compartmentalize inputs. Most people will elevate their game just increasing the amount of buffering they do in neutral and footsies

When you watch footsies understand that there's a lot more going on than nikkas just pressing normals. What may look like just a crmk is actually a crmk with a fireball motion being buffered at the appropriate ranges. With that much buffered, all you have left is confirmation with the appropriate button to complete your special input. This is why some nikkas look they have robot reactions. They're usually ALWAYS buffering in dedicated situations

So understand that 1. Slow down your inputs and 2. Learn the timing to where you can section off certain inputs for consistent buffering. It's easier to to do a fireball motion confirm into super when you already have the first qcf buffered from your designated normal

When you break down your inputs like this and master the separate elements they'll naturally flow together
:dwillhuh:

No lie, this is probably the best explanation I've ever read on buffering and it makes complete sense. I'm trying to do that now, shyt is next level for real :wow:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dwillhuh:

No lie, this is probably the best explanation I've ever read on buffering and it makes complete sense. I'm trying to do that now, shyt is next level for real :wow:
Economy of movement breh. With this method you'll be doing way more physical actions but it makes everything flow that much smoother and adaptable

The reason Snake Eyez looks like a cpu is because anytime you see him throw out a button you can be assured that nikka is buffering at least a half circle motion just in case:russ:

Just break down potential situations where extra buffering could give you the reactionary advantage and you'll be :wow:

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
You probably need to slow down. That's the most general advice I could give based on most people's initial issues with cancelling.

Focus strictly on getting the motion down as slow and smooth as possible. When it becomes natural to you the speed will follow.

Another issue players tend to have is being unaware of how much top players compartmentalize inputs. Most people will elevate their game just increasing the amount of buffering they do in neutral and footsies

When you watch footsies understand that there's a lot more going on than nikkas just pressing normals. What may look like just a crmk is actually a crmk with a fireball motion being buffered at the appropriate ranges. With that much buffered, all you have left is confirmation with the appropriate button to complete your special input. This is why some nikkas look they have robot reactions. They're usually ALWAYS buffering in dedicated situations

So understand that 1. Slow down your inputs and 2. Learn the timing to where you can section off certain inputs for consistent buffering. It's easier to to do a fireball motion confirm into super when you already have the first qcf buffered from your designated normal

When you break down your inputs like this and master the separate elements they'll naturally flow together

Yea I’m vaguely familiar with the buffering concept but I’m still confused on actual execution. Just seems absolutely weird to me. Guess it’s like everything in life. Just repetition and practice. I admit tho I’ve never taken SF seriously past the casual level. Mainly just beating people on pure fundamentals

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps

You won't have to wait long, Red Bull Kunmite is this Saturday and Sunday.

Red Bull Kumite 2023

Last chance Qualifiers start at 5pm est Saturday
Main event starts 8 am est Sunday

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Punk vs Jwong is what the future of the game is going to look like.