The Official Street Fighter 6 thread! We Open world fighting now?!

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Man, I wish I could show y'all what happened, but think the person has me blocked on sfv and you can't watch replays if some one is blocked on that replay. It was off a Drive Rush combo and I was mashing EX DP just incase he dropped the combo, but it never came out. That shyt definitely felt like a combo.
As a (secondary) Manon player , I'm telling you, even out of drive rush, she cannot outright combo into her actual command grab. She can only do so out of her hit-grab, which is different. Both boost and get boosted by her medal level, but the hit-grab isn't as damaging even on raw hit as her real command grab is. She can set up sequences to get you caught in the command grab, but outside of drive impact counter hit to crumple state you, she cannot actually combo into the command grab. She can combo into her super, which is also a grab off of two of her special moves tho.

And like @O.Red said, KOF been had actual comboable command grab. Also, so does Guilty Gear, at least Strive does, but I think some of the older ones could as well. Same with BlazBlue. And in those games, command grabs are a lot more lethal than they've ever been in pretty much any capcom games since you can at times, continuously chain different command grabs together, similar to Tekken, to which they can practically 1-shot you in some combos.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Aye yo @O.Red, you been a pretty knowledgeable cat for FGs for a while now, yet I've never played you. What's your CFN? Trying to get some sets in with you later, today even possibly.
Breh I haven't purchased a fighting game in over a decade:russ:

Yea I'm pretty knowledgeable. That comes from experience, naturally high retention, and an obsessive personality. I walked away from fgs because they were beginning to take up too much space in my life

Last game I bought was umvc3. I took a week off work grinding in that shyt, and I didn't even mind the week. But when that week ended and I called in another day that's when I knew I had to let that shyt go:wow: I sold my Xbox two days later and never turned back:russ:

I still go to local casuals and a tournament every now and then but not much more than that. I played SF6 a few times and it reminded me of why I KNOW I can't keep dive again. I wouldn't do shyt else :wow:

I know so much about 6 already because I just know fighting games:manny: I don't need to see much to make the conclusions I do and I absorb situations very fast(situation stacking is the key to fg elevation but that's a different post) I'm also lucky enough to live in a city full of great players so I have enough challenges around me, but I can't go hard again I know I'll fukk my life up:dead: :francis:

Long story short I love fighting games as an artform, but I might love that shyt too much:wow:

Last edited:

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Breh I haven't purchased a fighting game in over a decade:russ:

Yea I'm pretty knowledgeable. That comes from experience, naturally high retention, and an obsessive personality. I walked away from fgs because they were beginning to take up to much space in my life

Last game I bought was umvc3. I took a week off work grinding in that shyt, and I didn't even mind the week. But when that week ended and I called in another day that's when I knew I had to let that shyt go:wow: I sold my Xbox two days later and never turned back:russ:

I still go to local casuals and a tournament every now and then but not much more than that. I played SF6 a few times and it reminded me of why I KNOW I can't keep dive again. I wouldn't do shyt else :wow:

I know so much about 6 already because I just know fighting games:manny: I don't need to see much to make the conclusions I do and I absorb situations very fast(situation stacking is the key to fg elevation but that's a different post) I'm also lucky enough to live in a city full of great players so I have enough challenges around me, but I can't go hard again I know I'll fukk my life up:dead: :francis:

Long story short I love fighting games as an artform, but I might love that shyt too much:wow:

Damn breh. I've always wanted to play you.:mjcry: I truly get it tho.:salute:

I dialed it back a bit with fighting games until 6 dropped as well, as I was only playing KOFXV a couple times a week. Now I'm going hard in the paint again:ahh:, to which I feel both great and a bit guilty about.:damn::lupe::bryan: Trying to keep a good balance tho.:francis:

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Read my edit.

2:13 Is she not comboing her command grab or am I tripping???

Yeah, that's her hit-grab, which is exactly what I've been saying all along. Think of it like Laura's medium elbow moves in V. Even at medal 5, if done in a combo, it does like maybe less than half of what her true command grab does at level 5. Done raw at level 5, it's about maybe 2/3rds of her command grab's level 5 damage. Level 5 command grab can kill you in 3 raw grabs. The hit grab, done raw at the same level, would at least take like 6-7 times in 1 round to kill

For perspective, Potemkin in Strive can kill you with two command grabs and can damn near kill Chipp with 1, as it takes about 90% of his life since he has the lowest health in that game.

Last edited:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's still very rare. In all my years of playing fighting games I don't remember getting comboed in to those that often. I'm not counting Vega's Izuna Drop because that's a juggle. But a just straight up on the ground 1, 2, 3 command grab and it's a legit combo?? No. None of y'all gon sit here and tell me that's happened to yall a lot. I don't even see that in tournaments.
It's only rare in the context of Street Fighter. They've been like cassette tapes when it comes to command grabs. Zangief is a dinosaur breh. And even then they started giving him command grab combo's as of SF5

KOF don't even make command grabs that nikkas can't combo into:russ: and any other fg you could name very likely has confirmable command grabs

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
GGPO is free. Capcom won't license it because they're a Japanese company and Japanese companies are cartoonishly stubborn

They're not gonna implement something they didn't come up with
The Cannons made it free? They probably figured they could do it better than them because they're "brown" :mjpls: Jackasses :snoop:

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
It's only rare in the context of Street Fighter. They've been like cassette tapes when it comes to command grabs. Zangief is a dinosaur breh. And even then they started giving him command grab combo's as of SF5

KOF don't even make command grabs that nikkas can't combo into:russ: and any other fg you could name very likely has confirmable command grabs
Right. In KOF, where like 60 percent of the characters actually have command grabs, the separator of grapplers from the rest that just have a command grab or two would be that the real grapplers could continuously command grab you in a combo, regardless of when the command grab starts, whether off a normal hits into them or from command grab to start the combo and they could keep command grabbing you into super command grabs to climaxes. shyts can do 85-100% damage easily. Makes Manon's level up system just to get 35% damage look like shyt in comparison, lol.

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL

It's rare in MVC series and in SC series as well. Damn nonexistent in DBFZ.

But to be fair the KOF and NRS games I never really played like that so that's probably why I don't experience many combo command grabs.