The Official Stand-Up Comedy Thread.

NonPareil

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I am extremely sad my girl didnt record my set tonight. My first time EVER performing and i got set of the night for the open mic. During the rehearsal all the cliquey comedians hated on me... but when the lights dimmed and it was my time, i had the crowd dying for five minutes. Best natural high i could ask for

NonPareil

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Got an email from the club this morning inviting me to take part in the local talent search with a chance to open for a national act for a weekend. Im not ready for this shyt :laugh:

My observations from last night though: All the comics are cliquey c*nts. Seriously. The air of superiority they had around themselves towards newcomers was gross. It felt good as hell to crush the buildings and get no love from any of them after the show, felt like I made it. The emcee was literally the only cool dude out of everyone and he gave me a ton of props.

I was nervous as shyt ALL DAY, worried about remembering all my lines, freezing up, blah blah, till the moment I hit that stage and took the mic, I blacked the fukk out

Getting laughs is like a drug you can't get enough of. Can't wait to get back out there now

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:)
Got an email from the club this morning inviting me to take part in the local talent search with a chance to open for a national act for a weekend. Im not ready for this shyt :laugh:

My observations from last night though: All the comics are cliquey c*nts. Seriously. The air of superiority they had around themselves towards newcomers was gross. It felt good as hell to crush the buildings and get no love from any of them after the show, felt like I made it. The emcee was literally the only cool dude out of everyone and he gave me a ton of props.

I was nervous as shyt ALL DAY, worried about remembering all my lines, freezing up, blah blah, till the moment I hit that stage and took the mic, I blacked the fukk out

Getting laughs is like a drug you can't get enough of. Can't wait to get back out there now

i will never really understand this BS. what is reasoning behind this? i tried to talk a group of comics and they just looked at me look i was some sort of alien creature. i take a similar approaching when dealing with it tho.

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
i hit up one more place while i was in the A. i like dives and i had a decent amount of fun. thanks atlanta.

couple of repeat jokes in here if you watched my other set but that's the nature of the bidness especially when you're grinding out new stuff.

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

Second ever time on stage. Felt a lot like I sucked, because I did. Stage presence is awful and the last joke was tacked on and bad lol, but its fun just doing it

that was alright man. that last joke could use some refining but i think it's pretty funny. i like your style.

NonPareil

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lolim just hard on myself. I set a high bar the first time i went up and this was all new material. That last joke just got thrown in cause i had thirty left and said fukk it

Romey Rome

All Star
Daps

Second ever time on stage. Felt a lot like I sucked, because I did. Stage presence is awful and the last joke was tacked on and bad lol, but its fun just doing it

I laughed out loud 3 times I really liked the delivery of the last joke. Your funny keep it up bro

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
went to a room where i normally bomb.

business as usual. (pusha t 'yeclk')

i know it's part of the game put i really thought i was going to kill with this material that's been working everywhere else.

somebody talk me off the ledge :sadcam: