Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
A LeBron Color Blast sold for $30K. :picard:

A LeBron Exquisite Gold RPA /23 BGS 9.5 sold for $1.8 million tonight. :picard:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
@Brozay you might need to buy some Robert cards now if you believe in him. His prices are already getting nutty. :picard:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
T0MGMvU.png

LeBron really is buying his own cards. Check the comments. :ohhh:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
The Kobe jump is happening. Tonight's ending prices in the PWCC auction were nuts.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Trying to get more Luka rookie cards at the moment...got his panini cornerstone card today

I copped a 2018 Panini Optic fastbreak box from a local dealer a month ago for $250 still sitting on a shelf unopened.I bought it to re sell later on but daily i get tempted thinking of the Luka fastbreak holo PSA 10 that might be inside...

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Breh, I sold a PSA 10 Prizm Luka I pulled myself for like $60 last year. :mjcry: :snoop

Can't believe how much prices have risen.
I feel your pain breh. I haven't sold a single Luka yet. But I've definitely passed on my fair share, unfortunately.

Was haggling with a guy earlier this year, probably January/February or so. Silver Prizm PSA 10. He wanted 1400. I was trying to get him down to 1300. Ended up passing on it.

They're going for over 5k now :stopitslime:

Sent my Impeccable RPA /25 and Opulence RPA /25 off to PSA, min grade 10. Will try once or twice. Otherwise I'll send to BGS and min grade 9.

Had my friend in FL sub for me. Don't trust USPS here anymore after having my Mahomes Stained Glass stolen :mjcry:

I still have a grip of raw Luka that needs to be subbed. Don't know when I'll get around to it.

Your Kobe PC has my Luka PC beat, but one of these days I'll get around to posting some pics of the Luka fund in here.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
2017 Mahomes Optic Holos were sub $700 in January, right after he won the AFC CG and before he played in the SB.

They're going for over $5k now...

Everything Mahomes straight booming. To be fair, entire hobby is booming, but I think a lot of it is wildly unsustainable. I think Mahomes IS sustainable, however. This dude has legit GOAT potential. But he's already priced out for 95% of collectors...

I don't know what to buy anymore. Everything is ridiculously expensive, and becoming more and more so with each day. Wild times.

I think we have 2-3 years of continuing rise in pricing and valuations. After that, I think this current junk wax era we're in might catch up...

I mean, there's like over 10k graded Luka Prizm base and over 5k graded Luka Prizm silver. Unless he's LeBron or Jordan, these prices are unfathomable for fairly common and not in the least short printed cards.

Not to mention there's just an insane number of sets for NBA and NFL. Every goddamn player has sooooo many RPAs now. So many autos. Several chrome/silver finished sets. So many non-numbered cards that are valued at 4 figures.

Unsustainable, imo

For now, the massive influx of interest in the hobby thanks to Luka and Zion and Mahomes is great. Jordan documentary and unfortunately Kobe passing also brought a lot of people into the memorabilia/trading card world. Not to mention the hypebeasts who used to lineup and use bots for sneakers to flip and camp outside Supreme seem to be getting into cards as well.