The Official Sports Card Discussion Thread

Thief's Theme

All Star
Daps
I've been straight up buying raw, base cards, with intention of shipping off the best looking ones to PSA

lots of Bichette's for less than $1/per card
Acuna, Pete Alonso lots... Bellinger cards seem underpriced to me, been buying a few of those
Ja Morant Mosaic, base + variations -- my main splurge right now
cheap Giannis non-rookies that I like the look of
lots of Griffey, Jordan and Montana 2nd, 3rd year cards for less than $10/a lot
bought a shyt ton of Tom Brady 2nd year cards for less than $10, and 2 Pacific rookies of his for about $80/ea
bought a Oscar Robertson rookie raw for $80, it hasn't come through yet, but a psa 6 of the same card went for $450 a couple weeks ago... I think mine looks like 6 or better

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar cards are super underrated imo, been buying up a ton of his raw cards, especially any Lew Alcindor ones....

Why is Kareem so underrated? Look at his resume:

- all time points leader
- most MVPs (6)
- 6 NBA titles, won with 2 different teams, 2 Finals MVPs
- NY High School legend
- UCLA legend under John Wooden
- boycotted '68 Olympics before going pro
- Presidential Medal of Freedom from Obama
- was in a classic Kung Fu movie (Game of Death w/Bruce Lee) AND a classic comedy (Airplane!)
- still a writer and activist in 2020

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
feel like curry is the safest (non-lebron) purchase between now and the start of the 2020* season

was going to start looking into Curry next

His on card rookie autos are undervalued, imo. No reason a Topps Chrome PSA 10 should be pushing 10K and a Classics BGS 9.5/10 is $2,700-3,500. I understand pedigree but his only on card RCs are Classics, Crown Royale, Contenders (which has a trash surface so all the autos fade), Exquisite (college uni) and National Treasures. There's a couple insert cards that have on card autos too.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Had to sell a couple big cards to get this monster.

50109958967_d59ee9db27_c.jpg

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I sent in a Patrick Mahomes 2017 Prizm Stained Glass to PSA for grading. Min grade 10.

Didn’t gem. They were mailing it back to me. Package went “missing.” I had to deal with PSA and USPS for over a month. Finally got paid out paltry insurance.

That package had a gem mint Zion optic Holo and 3 min graded cards. Luka donruss rated rookie /79, Ja optic Holo, and Mahomes stained glass.

I overall made money from the insurance payout compared to what I bought each card for. But I undoubtedly lost thousands with that package being misplaced, likely stolen.

:mjcry:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I sent in a Patrick Mahomes 2017 Prizm Stained Glass to PSA for grading. Min grade 10.

Didn’t gem. They were mailing it back to me. Package went “missing.” I had to deal with PSA and USPS for over a month. Finally got paid out paltry insurance.

That package had a gem mint Zion optic Holo and 3 min graded cards. Luka donruss rated rookie /79, Ja optic Holo, and Mahomes stained glass.

I overall made money from the insurance payout compared to what I bought each card for. But I undoubtedly lost thousands with that package being misplaced, likely stolen.

:mjcry:
That's fukking brutal. Sorry to hear that. :snoop:

I've read horror stories before and sometimes people try to get the FBI involved. Guys on IG/Blowout will spread the word too so people are on the lookout.

Some people say they set insurance at the best case scenario (grade wise) in case of a situation like this.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
That's fukking brutal. Sorry to hear that. :snoop:

I've read horror stories before and sometimes people try to get the FBI involved. Guys on IG/Blowout will spread the word too so people are on the lookout.

Some people say they set insurance at the best case scenario (grade wise) in case of a situation like this.
Insurance is based off your “Estimated Value” when you submit for grading.

Because 3 of the 4 cards I submitted didn’t actually grade out and were min graded, they didn’t have to respect my Estimated Value. They came up with their own lower “raw card” value, which was a fraction of PSA 9/10 values.

I only got true market value for the graded card, the PSA 10 zion Holo.

It’s completely fukked. Everybody min grades valuable cards so you can just resub and hope for the eventual Gem, but if they min grade and package gets lost, PSA only pays out as if the card was like a PSA 6 or some shyt.

And you don’t really have any argument because the card was never assigned a grade, so how can you say “hey, this is worth ___!”

shytty situation. I’m now paranoid about receiving PSA packages at my current residence. Haven’t subbed since March because of this bullshyt, and no clue when I’ll sub again. Likely not from this address.

I haven’t even felt like posting my pickups over the last couple months because of this bullshyt. It’s really left a bad taste in my mouth. And then he gets a goddamn half billion dollar extension...

:why:

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Copped a bunch of raw 2020 Topps Bichette parallels...I gotta send them of them in...I have at least 50 Bichette rookies (base,auto and parallels)

No question in my mind he will be a top 10 player in the league next few years...

Also copped a 2018 Trout TC refractor PSA 10 for $50.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Insurance is based off your “Estimated Value” when you submit for grading.

Because 3 of the 4 cards I submitted didn’t actually grade out and were min graded, they didn’t have to respect my Estimated Value. They came up with their own lower “raw card” value, which was a fraction of PSA 9/10 values.

I only got true market value for the graded card, the PSA 10 zion Holo.

It’s completely fukked. Everybody min grades valuable cards so you can just resub and hope for the eventual Gem, but if they min grade and package gets lost, PSA only pays out as if the card was like a PSA 6 or some shyt.

And you don’t really have any argument because the card was never assigned a grade, so how can you say “hey, this is worth ___!”

shytty situation. I’m now paranoid about receiving PSA packages at my current residence. Haven’t subbed since March because of this bullshyt, and no clue when I’ll sub again. Likely not from this address.

I haven’t even felt like posting my pickups over the last couple months because of this bullshyt. It’s really left a bad taste in my mouth. And then he gets a goddamn half billion dollar extension...

:why:
That's so shytty, man. :francis:

Use PSA Submissions – PCSportscards - Join our next group PSA Submission!

It's a company so they can swing their weight around for you.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Copped a bunch of raw 2020 Topps Bichette parallels...I gotta send them of them in...I have at least 50 Bichette rookies (base,auto and parallels)

No question in my mind he will be a top 10 player in the league next few years...

Also copped a 2018 Trout TC refractor PSA 10 for $50.
Told you, man. Trout refractors are undervalued right now. They have to bump up eventually.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
These Spectra Color Blast cards are selling for more than '97 Jambalayas. fukking Eric Paschall went for over $500. :mindblown: