The Official Sports Card Discussion Thread

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
I haven't been posting as much cause the game all fukked up now. All the Supreme and Travis Scott Nike and Yeezy reselling fukkbois came over to the trading card hobby and now we can't even get a box of some trash card set for retail anymore.

Breakers charging outrageous prices. Panini in bed with the breakers and selling them cases at cost, but selling us boxes through "Dutch Auction" format so you have to pay an arm and a leg just to light money on fire 90% of the time.

Whole hobby is fukked up right now. I'm just sitting on my Lukas and maybe trying to snipe a few singles here and there, but I'm definitely not as active as I was last year.

I don't even remember what breaking wax feels like anymore, brehs :mjcry:

I was stopping by Target and Wal Mart on the way home from work regularly back in like Jan/Feb trying to get Prizm/Optic retail. Never found a single pack. Pathetic

Only thing im doing now,scoop up shyt before it explodes and sell....Got me copping 2nd year Luka holos for resell.Its different right now.

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
Saw people at target almost get into a full on brawl over bowman baseball cards. People gonna lose so much money trying to invest in that shyt

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Saw people at target almost get into a full on brawl over bowman baseball cards. People gonna lose so much money trying to invest in that shyt
False. They are ready to fight because they will sell those packs/boxes for $10-15 more than what they're paying.

Jasson Dominguez is fukking up the baseball card market. Raw autos already selling for more than Juan Soto and almost as much as Acuna. :dead:

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
False. They are ready to fight because they will sell those packs/boxes for $10-15 more than what they're paying.
The folks buying it secondary will lose money. Investing at the peak generally doesn’t workout

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
The folks buying it secondary will lose money. Investing at the peak generally doesn’t workout
People opening generally lose, but those people you saw ready to fight are not.

The people buying on the secondary market could also be buying to hold. Those Blasters are $20 retail and selling for $30-35 on eBay. 2017 Blasters (Acuna's year) are almost $100 now.

If Dominguez pans out, that's what these 2020 ones will be going for in the future.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I haven't been posting as much cause the game all fukked up now. All the Supreme and Travis Scott Nike and Yeezy reselling fukkbois came over to the trading card hobby and now we can't even get a box of some trash card set for retail anymore.

Breakers charging outrageous prices. Panini in bed with the breakers and selling them cases at cost, but selling us boxes through "Dutch Auction" format so you have to pay an arm and a leg just to light money on fire 90% of the time.

Whole hobby is fukked up right now. I'm just sitting on my Lukas and maybe trying to snipe a few singles here and there, but I'm definitely not as active as I was last year.

I don't even remember what breaking wax feels like anymore, brehs :mjcry:

I was stopping by Target and Wal Mart on the way home from work regularly back in like Jan/Feb trying to get Prizm/Optic retail. Never found a single pack. Pathetic
I haven't seen anything near me since Prizm. I've seen three empty trays of Mosaic (got restocked once; nothing else got restocked this year). People have the schedules of the excel reps (guys who deliver the cards) and stake places out. It's an abomination right now.

On the bridge side, with that trash ass rookie class coming in, next season's wax should be readily available.

Since you're a Mavs fan, you might want to stock up on Dirk Refractors. He's still dirt cheap and it wouldn't shock me to see all the key players from the Refractor era get a bump soon.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I wanted to hold my Acunas for a while but I might have to sell them early. There's a couple monster Kobes up. :francis: