The Official Sports Card Discussion Thread

Rosecrans

CPT
Supporter
Daps
What is it ? Usually PSA 10 is best but there are instances where its better value on a 9 if its a really high end card....

Just Zion base prizm’s and Ja base cards breh

Last edited:

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Zion base prizm’s and Ja base cards

I would go 10 on new cards if possible just because theres gonna be thousands of them available for years and only the gem mints will carry real value.
My opinion is newer cards from the last 2 years best to go gem mint if you can afford it...I would go PSA 9 on older cards with alot less population that are harder to get in gem mint...

For instance i think in the case of LeBrons topps chrome rookie its reasonable to buy a PSA 9 because its 1/3 the price and will maintain value and collectability.Newer cards like Zion and Luka 9s wont carry as much weight....

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Someone broke down the odds of hitting a Zion RPA in National Treasures. It's one in every 64 boxes or one per 16 cases.

He said the price averages out to 6.25 Zions per $1.75 million at current case prices. :dead:

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Giannis prices are fukking nuts. PSA 10s of his Hoops RC are hitting $800. That's 4x a Kobe Hoops RC and there's twice as many 10s for Giannis.

IM gonna crack mine out the BCCG case and re submit to PSA...Theres a ton of Kobe's going for 10-20 bucks raw in fact thats all i see online,very few graded.Glad you brought it up i might go on a raw binge here...

Last edited:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
IM gonna crack mine out the BCCG case and re submit to PSA...Theres a ton of Kobe's going for 10-20 bucks raw in fact thats all i see online,very few graded.Glad you brought it up i might go on a raw binge here...

He's criminally undervalued right now even with the spike in a lot of his cards. Duncan is too though I don't know how much he'll rise.

Hey brehs @Miggs @Regular_P

when submitting do you have to put the cards in a graded holder and team bag?

I just use a card saver and a penny sleeve then surround it in cardboard and bubble wrap depending on how you're shipping it.

@Regular_P Do you think Joey Votto is a HOFer ?

Personally, I wouldn't vote for him but Harold Baines is a HOFer so Votto will get in.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
He's criminally undervalued right now even with the spike in a lot of his cards. Duncan is too though I don't know how much he'll rise.

I just use a card saver and a penny sleeve then surround it in cardboard and bubble wrap depending on how you're shipping it.

Personally, I wouldn't vote for him but Harold Baines is a HOFer so Votto will get in.

Baines played 22 years that allowed him to get near thresholds for HOF like Vince Carter will in the NBA.Votto isnt gonna come close to having that same longevity so the terrestrial numbers wont stand up so what im asking is will the old guard voters in baseball recognize his analytical value in a shorter career.

Because his advance numbers look decent,his BA/OBP/OPS will stand up but his traditional numbers for a 1B wont be there....

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Baines played 22 years that allowed him to get near thresholds for HOF like Vince Carter will in the NBA.Votto isnt gonna come close to having that same longevity so the terrestrial numbers wont stand up so what im asking is will the old guard voters in baseball recognize his analytical value in a shorter career.

Because his advance numbers look decent,his BA/OBP/OPS will stand up but his traditional numbers for a 1B wont be there....
Call me old school/out of touch but I don't look at his OBP as highly as the analytics community. I want my thumper to thump (especially when they don't have wheels) and Votto refuses to go outside of the zone, even in run scoring situations. I remember it frustrated the hell out of Dusty Baker. As a first baseman, he has three seasons in his career where he hit 100 RBIs. I'm not saying swing at everything Vlad Guerrero style but he isn't aggressive enough for my tastes and like you said, his overall numbers will lag far behind most HOF 1Bs.

He's under 2,000 hits, 1,000 RBIs and 300 HRs for his career.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
NT FOTL hit the minimum $7,500 before selling out. That's still way too high but at least it wasn't $12K.

Court Kings is hitting Panini's site tomorrow morning: Panini America Online Store | Shop Exclusive Trading Cards

My local shop isn't getting enough so I'm gonna get up early and give this a shot. Probably sell out in 10 seconds by bots but fukk it. No word on the price yet either. I think MSRP is $100. :unimpressed:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Maybe this is the year Court Kings finally catches on. :wow:

s-l1600.jpg