The Official Sports Card Discussion Thread

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
How do you guys go about buying cards? Are you guys buying packs, or do you buy individual cards and sell them? If I were to buy packs, what would you reccomend.

I'm looking to throw $1,000-$2,000 at some cards.
Buying singles is always the best route. Who or what are you looking to buy? What sport? We need more info.

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
Buying singles is always the best route. Who or what are you looking to buy? What sport? We need more info.

NFL and NBA.

I guess I'm seeing if the odds are better for me just buying packs, or looking for individuals.

Young QB's/WR's, and early in their career NBA players.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
NFL and NBA.

I guess I'm seeing if the odds are better for me just buying packs, or looking for individuals.

Young QB's/WR's, and early in their career NBA players.
You will likely get crushed buying packs considering the current prices.

High grade rookie cards are the way to go for you. PSA carries a premium over BGS. Buying raw will be cheaper but look pictures over and ask questions if you have doubts.

If you're buying WRs, don't expect to hold long term. QBs are really the only players who can maintain or elevate value in football.

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
You will likely get crushed buying packs considering the current prices.

High grade rookie cards are the way to go for you. PSA carries a premium over BGS. Buying raw will be cheaper but look pictures over and ask questions if you have doubts.

If you're buying WRs, don't expect to hold long term. QBs are really the only players who can maintain or elevate value in football.

Where are you typically buying the cards?

I'm looking to get my hands on the following:

Mahommes
Wilson
Stid Gawd
Murray
L. Jackson

I'm willing to spend up to around $2,000 right now on cards. What would you suggest?

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Where are you typically buying the cards?

I'm looking to get my hands on the following:

Mahommes
Wilson
Stid Gawd
Murray
L. Jackson

I'm willing to spend up to around $2,000 right now on cards. What would you suggest?
Ebay is still the best place to buy.

Mahomes and Wilson have gone up drastically in the past couple months. Wilson will be a much cheaper buy-in though and if he wins another title could skyrocket, imo.

Murray's prices went up after they got Watkins. Still has room to grow.

Stidham will be the cheapest of the guys you listed.

Prizm is the key rookie card for football and basketball (Wilson is old enough to have Topps Chrome as well). National Treasures will be the best and most expensive. Optic and Select will be a little below Prizm.

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
Ebay is still the best place to buy.

Mahomes and Wilson have gone up drastically in the past couple months. Wilson will be a much cheaper buy-in though and if he wins another title could skyrocket, imo.

Murray's prices went up after they got Watkins. Still has room to grow.

Stidham will be the cheapest of the guys you listed.

Prizm is the key rookie card for football and basketball (Wilson is old enough to have Topps Chrome as well). National Treasures will be the best and most expensive. Optic and Select will be a little below Prizm.

So, look for Prizm cards? Still worth buying QB's at these price levels?

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
What would this actually go for? I want to get a Stidham rookie card.:manny:.

2019 Prizm JARRETT STIDHAM RC Camo Prizm 03/25 PSA 10 Gem Mint Rookie Patriots | eBay

I'd say between $500-800. Not a lot of comps for it so that's just my best guess.

They're around $1,500 now give or take a hundred. I sold mine in December for $500...they took off immediately afterwards. :to:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Are any of these worth keeping. :unimpressed:

Is that from one pack? Keep the Zion to grade for sure. Curry and LeBron will fetch something too in high grade, particularly the LeBron. Hold the RCs in case one of them breaks out down the line. The Oscar auto is solid.