The Official Sports Card Discussion Thread

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I want to display mine in my office too. But it gets sun light through the windows. :francis:

Any light bulbs or maybe displays that protect?
There are some cases that are supposed to have UV protection. If you got one of those and avoided direct sunlight you might be alright. I wouldn't put any ultra expensive cards in a display long term though.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
A regular retail box.

Part of why the Giannis Silvers are so expensive is because of scarcity. Only 124 total graded with 71 gems (just looking at PSA's site). There's already 779 Ja's graded by PSA with over 300 gems.

Maybe Morant becomes a superstar and wins multiple titles...or maybe he's the next Derrick Rose...or maybe he lands somewhere in the middle like Russell Westbrook. His Topps Chrome Refractor is a brutal grade and the last one went for $1,500.

IM very high on Morant myself and i see him being a top 10 player in the league and possibly the best PG in the league in a few years and if thats the case and there contenders for titles it dont matter the pop that card will be highly coveted...

I didnt know there was that many PSA gems,ya hardly see any online...every one you see on Ebay is BGS so that number is surprising to me.That being said im 100% sure that card is NOT gonna be available in 2 years for 1000-1500.

Even still 800 is less than half the number of Luka silvers out there.

Last edited:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
IM very high on Morant myself and i see him being a top 10 player in the league and possibly the best PG in the league in a few years and if thats the case and there contenders for titles it dont matter the pop that card will be highly coveted...

I didnt know there was that many PSA gems,ya hardly see any online...every one you see on Ebay is BGS so that number is surprising to me.That being said im 100% sure that card is NOT gonna be available in 2 years for 1000-1500.

Even still 800 is less than half the number of Luka silvers out there.
You could very well be right. I'm high on him too. Love his game and potential. I'm gonna keep the Photo Variation for a while and try to pick up the Fast Break version. I don't know if they'll take off like baseball photo variations have but they're fairly rare and will stay that way since they were only available in certain Walmart hangers.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
I'm really feeling Ja Morant's Select RC.

s-l1600.jpg

Great looking card.

I was looking at a raw Zion light blue a few weeks back,couldnt bring myself to drop 700 on it...

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
So PSA has free population repot
PSA Population Report

but I need to have beckett subscription for BGS report? I used to have beckett basketball online subscription years ago :to:
Just make a free account with Beckett. That's all I have. I hate their site compared to PSA's though. It's a pain in the ass looking up cards on there.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I was looking at a raw Zion light blue a few weeks back,couldnt bring myself to drop 700 on it...
Tough pill to swallow for sure. It's crazy how much Select has risen. It was the red headed step child to Prizm forever and now it's finally getting its due.

Low key, I think the Revolution has my favorite looking Zion RC:

s-l1600.jpg

Rickdogg44

RIP Charmander RIP Kobe
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
:mjlol:

I was looking at Pippen RC gems... i always wanted one as a kid...:mjgrin:

It was like $500 few months ago. Now $2000+:sadcam:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Jasson Dominguez prices are fukking insane. He's The Martian, the 17 year old Dominican prospect who hasn't played an inning of minor league ball over here. Raw cards selling for more than Acuna by the looks of it. :mindblown:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I'm gonna start buying a lot of raw cards again. The price jump from raw to PSA 10s is too great not to.

Russell Wilson 2012 Topps Chrome base RCs are like $50 raw and PSA 10s are fetching around $500. You just have to hit one in ten to make your money back.

A lot of the RCs in 2020 Topps for baseball are like $5 for the main names (Yordan Alvarez, Bo Bichette, Gavin Lux) but their gems are $100-125. And those aren't chrome cards so the surfaces should be cleaner overall.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
I'm gonna start buying a lot of raw cards again. The price jump from raw to PSA 10s is too great not to.

Russell Wilson 2012 Topps Chrome base RCs are like $50 raw and PSA 10s are fetching around $500. You just have to hit one in ten to make your money back.

A lot of the RCs in 2020 Topps for baseball are like $5 for the main names (Yordan Alvarez, Bo Bichette, Gavin Lux) but their gems are $100-125. And those aren't chrome cards so the surfaces should be cleaner overall.

I hit a stack of Bichette topps 2020 for 10 each....hoping to hit on 4 or 5 gems.