The Official Sports Card Discussion Thread

TM101

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My Zion base and Ja Silver Prizm PSA grades just popped. Both got 10s. :blessed:

When did you send them? I'm thinking of having cards graded but I don't want to wait 6 months to a year to get them back.
Regular Donruss hobby boxes are going for more than Optic. What the fukk is going on here? :mjtf:

The Net Marvels, Defying Gravity, and Crunch Time inserts started getting expensive for no reason.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
When did you send them? I'm thinking of having cards graded but I don't want to wait 6 months to a year to get them back.

The Net Marvels, Defying Gravity, and Crunch Time inserts started getting expensive for no reason.
February. They got shut down though so the delay wasn't too bad, imo. I expected worse. On the regular services, it's usually within a couple months.

Those inserts look cool but there's a million of them out there. Crazy how high they've gone.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I obviously been out of the game for a very long time and just kind of dipping my feet in the water not sure if I’m really interested in getting back involved in cards.

So I don’t have much understanding on things yet but I’ve noticed CC Sabathia who is gonna be a hall of famer in 5 years lock. His Rookies a pretty cheap I don’t know if there’s a shyt ton of graded 10’s and that’s why but it seems like a no brainer.

Same with Madison Bumgarner it will be a couple more years before he retires but he’s getting in off his playoff performances alone.

Is there a reason these guys rookies are lower then I imagined them being or is there a good reason for that?
Pitchers don't really move the needle outside a few guys (Kershaw, Verlander, Scherzer). So many really hyped guys have gotten injured that most people proceed with caution on pitchers; it's such a crapshoot. If you want to get in on the ground floor, I'd target Flaherty and/or Buehler. Given how they've pitched early in their careers, their prices are pretty low. If they were position players, their prices would be triple.

Randy Johnson and Pedro are just now starting to see their RCs climb a little.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I'm really feeling Ja Morant's Select RC.

s-l1600.jpg

Great looking card.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Noir FOTL sold out at $1,400. I love Noir but there's very few cards that would cover that cost.

Apparently retail Mosaic is getting stocked again at some places.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
If you guys want a six figure card in 15 years or so, you better get those Stidham rookie cards.:wow:.
If you woulda bought a bunch of Mahomes cards when you were asking about it you would have more than doubled your money already. What's happening right now is unprecedented.

Rickdogg44

RIP Charmander RIP Kobe
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I have been on a Trae binge,i copped a Panini Hoops,Select prizm and Optic base all PSA 10s im stashing for a later turn around....
I want some Trae and Collins:feedme:

I'm catching up. I'm watching the thread but never showed up in my alerts :francis:. I may have said this before too... got that covid memory right now :mjlol:

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
@Regular_P You got those prizms out of packs/mega boxes ?

Before you sell the Ja silver think about what Giannis cards did when he became a superstar.

Rickdogg44

RIP Charmander RIP Kobe
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Ever since this thread I’ve gotten back into cards. At first I started buying 9.5 to 10 baseball rookies like AJ Puk etc... But the. I realized I much prefer buying my favorite players and displaying them.

I got an el duque/mark messier/plaxico burress/Aaron judge Daryl strawberry. Most of them for $25 or less with Aaron judge being the exception I think I bought that for $85

Don't leave them in the light too long, especially if it's an autographed card. The colors will get washed out and autos fade.

I want to display mine in my office too. But it gets sun light through the windows. :francis:

Any light bulbs or maybe displays that protect?

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
I have a shyt load of stuff coming next week by mail....

- 2019 RJ Barret pink camo mosaic
- 2019 JA silver mosaic
- 2019 Bo Bichette inception red auto
- 2019 Vladdy topps chrome purple refractor
- 2019 Coby White orange reactive mosaic
- 2015 Van Vleet optic rookie signatures
- 2017 Anunoby optic rookie auto
- 1999 Skybox Kobe holofractor

I gotta get back on my pic game in this thread...

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
@Regular_P You got those prizms out of packs/mega boxes ?

Before you sell the Ja silver think about what Giannis cards did when he became a superstar.
A regular retail box.

Part of why the Giannis Silvers are so expensive is because of scarcity. Only 124 total graded with 71 gems (just looking at PSA's site). There's already 779 Ja's graded by PSA with over 300 gems.

Maybe Morant becomes a superstar and wins multiple titles...or maybe he's the next Derrick Rose...or maybe he lands somewhere in the middle like Russell Westbrook. His Topps Chrome Refractor is a brutal grade and the last one went for $1,500.