The Official Sports Card Discussion Thread

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Man I don’t even collect cards, so i was like im a just go ahead and remove the bid so someone who does collect them can get it. Finds out I can’t remove bid :snoop:. So hopefully someone goes higher, if not guess D Lo will be the start of my new hobby :heh:. Why you wanna block my bid though :mjcry:

it dont matter someone will outbid you...

Daps
Y’all heard of Gem Elite grading :patrice:
Straight ass

if you tryna make bread bgs or psa is the way to go

i don’t waste extra money on gem mint aka 10 psa or 9.5 bgs all I buy is 9s from either company so when it’s time to resell a mf can’t say something was wrong with it because it’s graded

Dese whites be having serious buyers remorse

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Man I don’t even collect cards, so i was like im a just go ahead and remove the bid so someone who does collect them can get it. Finds out I can’t remove bid :snoop:. So hopefully someone goes higher, if not guess D Lo will be the start of my new hobby :heh:. Why you wanna block my bid though :mjcry:
Need to get you in the game, breh. :takedat:

I just bid you up. :obama:

That'll go for a decent amount though regardless. One of your osu boys might want it since he's in a college uni.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Lol nikkas will go cheerlead a dude and buy they jersey but won’t buy cardboard that will appreciate in value if they on court performance match

I can guarantee there are a few people who done made over 200k doing this shyt

like I said if it wasn’t money in this shyt I wouldn’t do it but nothing beats buying a few. Hundred worth of shyt just to unload it during a super hot stretch making a couple bands

I posted about this nikka a year ago in a thread about grown ass nikkas wearing jerseys everywhere,i was talking about this exact dude.Hes 35 and wears jerseys every damn where but he wont do the cards cuz its from his childhood :yeshrug:

I have made close to 5k in the last year selling cards/boxes....These dudes that i have tried to put onto game are just stubborn.

lets be reality nobody would be doing this if theres no money in it...

This is basically the sports stock market. I don't get how dudes will throws hundreds/thousands on a single GAME where anything can happen but won't put money in cards of the best players...players they know will perform.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Is it just me or do white people piss u off in this shyt nikkas be makin a big deal if a mj is in college uni or bulls uni if it’s autod

it’s still fukkin mj who signed it smfh and people trying to charge more if it has a bgs 9.5 all around who gives a damn as long as the final grade is 9.5

maybe it’s just me I don’t even fukk wit graded as long as I can resell it without any major damage to make they ass want a refund or a partial refund I’m good
Graded is where the big money is at. Gotta get with it if you really want to cash in.

There's always a premium on pro unis over college/HS stuff. Lotta college cards are because companies lost their pro license (Upper Deck). There's a stigma with that.

Football can still carry a strong price with a college uni because there's more tradition and guys stay longer.

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
Need to get you in the game, breh. :takedat:

I just bid you up. :obama:

That'll go for a decent amount though regardless. One of your osu boys might want it since he's in a college uni.
Just got the alert :bryan:. Man collecting isn’t something ive thought about in ages. This is a dope thread though, takes me back. :salute:

Daps
Graded is where the big money is at. Gotta get with it if you really want to cash in.

There's always a premium on pro unis over college/HS stuff. Lotta college cards are because companies lost their pro license (Upper Deck). There's a stigma with that.

Football can still carry a strong price with a college uni because there's more tradition and guys stay longer.
I just think it’s sad a Lebron exquisite could go for a quarter mil that could be had for less than a couple bands at release but his upper deck prospects auto rookie in hs uni goes for maybe 1.5 right now Lebron still signed it in his rookie year it’s the same nikka lol but nah grading is a scam to me wit all these trim jobs just gives these fukks another opp for a chargeback

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
This is basically the sports stock market. I don't get how dudes will throws hundreds/thousands on a single GAME where anything can happen but won't put money in cards of the best players...players they know will perform.

Its the best time to be into cards right now,im actually mad i didnt get back into it years sooner...

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I just think it’s sad a Lebron exquisite could go for a quarter mil that could be had for less than a couple bands at release but his upper deck prospects auto rookie in hs uni goes for maybe 1.5 right now Lebron still signed it in his rookie year it’s the same nikka lol but nah grading is a scam to me wit all these trim jobs just gives these fukks another opp for a chargeback
Scam or not, it's where the big money is. :manny:

When I got back into this five years ago, Gems didn't carry a premium like this. The cards that were tough to grade would carry one but most Gems would be maybe double what a raw or PSA/BGS 9 was.

Daps
Scam or not, it's where the big money is. :manny:

When I got back into this five years ago, Gems didn't carry a premium like this. The cards that were tough to grade would carry one but most Gems would be maybe double what a raw or PSA/BGS 9 was.
This is on point

but all I gotta ask is I got rid of the bron chrome rookie all 9.5s

how fukked am I then and do you agree with this true gem plus bullshyt theory:stopitslime:

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.

IM with you on the grading racket...i dont mind grading of cards but there needs to be more than 2 companies that control the entire market...

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
This is on point

but all I gotta ask is I got rid of the bron chrome rookie all 9.5s

how fukked am I then and do you agree with this true gem plus bullshyt theory:stopitslime:
I generally agree but I've been conditioned on it because of the premium it carries. :yeshrug:

Old BGS labels it doesn't matter because they were a brutal grade back then.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
When it comes to Griffeys should be noted theres HALF as many Donruss PSA 10s as UD in existence...So eventually when UDs go up ppl are gonna look at that and it will drive up the Fleers and Donrusses as they have.

Who would have thought 5 years ago a fuggin Donruss Griffey would be selling for 800.00

These cards 20 years ago were worthless.