The Official Sports Card Discussion Thread

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
But @Regular_P what I forgot to ask you was are you adamant that PSA is the only grading system that you would trust? And if you were me and my mom would you sell through them or Ebay?

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
But @Regular_P what I forgot to ask you was are you adamant that PSA is the only grading system that you would trust? And if you were me and my mom would you sell through them or Ebay?
If you're trying to maximize profit, PSA is the only way to go. Don't bother with BGS, SGC, etc.

You can look at sales history on PWCC after you make an account: https://sales-history.pwccmarketplace.com/

PSA's pretty strict, especially on vintage, which is what it sounds like you have. A tiny fold in the corner will ding you quite a bit. I'd have to see pics to give you an opinion on grades. Centering is very important too.

dizzy4111

All Star
Daps
@CASHAPP You should post some pics. A fold or a crease will actually knock it down quite a bit. As low as a 2 sometimes. I could give you my opinion on what's worth sending. I've been sending a bunch of stuff to PSA lately.

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
If you're trying to maximize profit, PSA is the only way to go. Don't bother with BGS, SGC, etc.

You can look at sales history on PWCC after you make an account: https://sales-history.pwccmarketplace.com/

PSA's pretty strict, especially on vintage, which is what it sounds like you have. A tiny fold in the corner will ding you quite a bit. I'd have to see pics to give you an opinion on grades. Centering is very important too.

Ok how do I post pics on here I always got confused by that. Ill post how the Pete Rose and Thurman Munson card looks like

When you see how they look basically all the other hundreds plus cards my mom has are the same

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Ok how do I post pics on here I always got confused by that. Ill post how the Pete Rose and Thurman Munson card looks like

When you see how they look basically all the other hundreds plus cards my mom has are the same
Upload them to imgbb:

Click the insert image button in the replies and paste the link.

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Those are in pretty rough shape. Wouldn't be worth grading. Here's a couple PSA graded ones for reference that sold recently:

PSA 6 Rose: PETE ROSE 1972 TOPPS BASEBALL IN ACTION CARD #560 PSA 6 EX-MT REDS GRADED | eBay

PSA 7 Munson: 1972 Thurman Munson In Action Topps PSA Graded 7 | eBay

Damn I'm confused so they really that strict with grading them because the material isn't bent or anything. Such an odd industry I don't know how a card can be the same but one will sell for $2000 and another won't be nothing even if the second one isn't damaged

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Damn I'm confused so they really that strict with grading them because the material isn't bent or anything. Such an odd industry I don't know how a card can be the same but one will sell for $2000 and another won't be nothing even if the second one isn't damaged
Most older cards aren't in great condition so the ones that are, fetch a premium.