The Official Sports Card Discussion Thread

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I know these pics aren't the greatest pics, but are these worth being sent in for grading?

I know someone that said they were putting an order together and that they would include these cards if I paid the grading price.

gCxW58I.jpeg

bh1ubh4.jpeg

uYLVJJ0.jpg

rb34qJ3.jpeg

@Regular_P
Without seeing the back/edges/corners, I'd say the top Jordan could MAYBE get a PSA 8 but it's pretty far off center. The rest of the card would probably have to be flawless. 8s are going for $80-100ish.

The '88 Pippen looks like a good one to try. Centering is nice on that one.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Would need some better pics to say one way or the other. I'd say you'd be maxing out at an 8 on the first MJ with the top/bottom centering. I'd be interested in the Pippen rookie if you're selling.

Without seeing the back/edges/corners, I'd say the top Jordan could MAYBE get a PSA 8 but it's pretty far off center. The rest of the card would probably have to be flawless. 8s are going for $80-100ish.

The '88 Pippen looks like a good one to try. Centering is nice on that one.
I thought grades only applied to condition

They grade your cards based on how the manufacturer printed them? :dahell:

dizzy4111

All Star
Daps
I thought grades only applied to condition

They grade your cards based on how the manufacturer printed them? :dahell:

Yeah. Eye appeal is a big thing. The prevalence of manufacturer defects and whatnot make the best looking ones grade out higher. I pulled a couple Wemby rookies a few months back. 1 graded a 10, the other a 9. Both fresh out the pack but the 10 had better centering.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Man….I got so many cards from the early 90s in mint condition. Football, Baseball, and Basketball but none of them graded

When I pulled up some on Ebay and saw the sell prices without grades I just said fukk it
I got a stash too so maybe I need to check that shyt out 💯

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
Payment for my two cards finally hit my bank account. Wish I got more, especially for the 1/3, but what's done is done.

Definitely took a big loss, but the cash I got for those cards would have been even less if I kept that cash in the investment I took it out from.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
What moves have you been making lately in the game?
Nothing at all. Panini has killed my enthusiasm by recycling their designs every year. :francis:

At some point in the future, I'd like to pick up cards that have special moments or pictures. Stuff like this:

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.png

s-l1600.jpg

I have a list of cards like that.

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Don't waste your time or money. Only send to PSA. That's what's moving and fetching the best prices.

First of all I want to thank yall for this thread I just discovered it while googling. This is relevant to me now because weeks ago my mother discovered a bag full of baseball cards in great condition in the attic of the house she had just moved into this past December. Yes i'm dead ass. Its hundreds of cards up to maybe a thousand based on her estimate.

When I met up with her recently she gave me some of the cards, she is keeping the bulk of them obviously but she gave me an envelope that had some of them and been asking me for tips on what players are most valuable/popular etc. Every couple of days we try to find sites outside of just Ebay that have a grading system that shows how much cards sell for.

https://www.psacard.com/auctionprices/baseball-cards/1972-topps/pete-rose/values/191049#g=10

This Pete Rose "In Action" card you see in the link in Mint condition and how much it sold for....I have this exact card in my possession now...but prob wouldn't be considered Mint condition for PSA...im hoping for grade 8 at least but you guys say they base their grading on other shyt too. As i'm looking at the card now it has no rain damage at all, no form of damage i see..just a very very minor fold in some of the corners

One of the other cards I also have is a Thurman Munson "In Action" card which also apparently sells alot in the Mint Condition.. All the cards my mom found in the bag all appear to be mint condition to US but again we don't know how these grading companies look at things

However even if most cards can sell for $50 minimum that isn't bad but we both said it would be great if there are some selling for a few racks. I'm still optimistic because for her to have that many cards there has to be a high probability several can be sold for thousands

Edit:

Moms got a 1973 Topps Roberto Clemente card. She sent me a screenshot of the value of the card on PSAGrade. Mint condition grade 10 goes for $38,000 and Mint condition grade 9 goes foe $1400

Last edited: