The Official Sports Card Discussion Thread

Rosecrans

CPT
Supporter
Daps
If you know your hockey, consider getting into it. A lot of buyers (and sellers) don't really know what they are doing when it comes to hockey prospects.
Ok thanks breh. You mean like getting young guns or speculating on popular prospects?

Put me on I just got into hockey

ReturnOfJudah

Veteran
Daps
Where the card discussion at?

@TM101 how many Chase cards do you have? Are you gonna grade any? And what’s the end goal? To buy all high end?
I got about 130 different Chase RCs. Only 3 graded, but will grade them all. He’s the only player I’m collecting and I’m riding this thing on out.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
What can you tell me about:

Mercer
Zegras
Byfield
Caufield?

Caufield and Zegras have already started their ascent. I imagine Byfield's cards have dipped some from his draft day but he's only 20 and has a ton of potential plus he's in the L.A. market so you might be able to snag some of his cards on the low right now.

Rosecrans

CPT
Supporter
Daps
Caufield and Zegras have already started their ascent. I imagine Byfield's cards have dipped some from his draft day but he's only 20 and has a ton of potential plus he's in the L.A. market so you might be able to snag some of his cards on the low right now.
:salute: thanks for the info I appreciate it breh

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Where the card discussion at?

@Regular_P
@Miggs
@BucciMane

What’s the state of the hobby right now? Prices gonna go back up, stabilize, or keep plummeting?

@TM101 how many Chase cards do you have? Are you gonna grade any? And what’s the end goal? To buy all high end?
Everything's in a weird place right now. Wax prices are still outrageous and unobtainable for most people but singles prices are dropping like a rock. Panini's been so far behind in their release schedule, with uninspired design choices that it's killing new product interest, imo, especially combined with the ridiculous prices for solo consumers.

Prizm Basketball is releasing after the regular season ends and it's at least $750 a box for pre-orders with this meh draft class. National Treasures FOTL was $750 in Luka's rookie year and now Prizm is that much with no chance to break even unless you hit a Gold Prizm of a star/rookie or a low numbered parallel of Paolo.

Wembenyama's gonna be hyped like crazy. Panini SHOULD have been pushing up all releases for this year to get ready for Victor. 2023-24 Prizm should be dropping in November at the latest but it'll probably be March, MAYBE February. They're a trash company.

ReturnOfJudah

Veteran
Daps
11688250.jpeg