The Official Sports Card Discussion Thread

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
Tried to tell ya. :manny:

Was mostly concerned about cards getting list with the way they get sent in.

And, oddly enough, I just got my payouts an hour ago. I'm guessing since I did auctions back to back weeks that they just waited until the second auction payment date.

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
Not to bytch too much, but how on earth does PWCC do the amount of business they do? I understand payments can take time, but three weeks is quite a while for something to hit my PWCC account. In addition, I've NEVER seen it where a wire transfer can take up to eight days just because they process everything on a Wednesday. Why the hell would I request a wire transfer with a $25 fee for it to possibly arrive eight days from now? And, I can pay $50 to have it "rushed" in two business days? That's absolutely absurd. Anytime I've sent money or requested money from any crypto exchange, I've had the wire in my account the same day or next day at WORST.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Not to bytch too much, but how on earth does PWCC do the amount of business they do? I understand payments can take time, but three weeks is quite a while for something to hit my PWCC account. In addition, I've NEVER seen it where a wire transfer can take up to eight days just because they process everything on a Wednesday. Why the hell would I request a wire transfer with a $25 fee for it to possibly arrive eight days from now? And, I can pay $50 to have it "rushed" in two business days? That's absolutely absurd. Anytime I've sent money or requested money from any crypto exchange, I've had the wire in my account the same day or next day at WORST.
Because as slow as PWCC can be, Goldin is 10x worse. Those are the two main auction houses outside of eBay.

PWCC takes time but they're generally reliable and communicate pretty well. Goldin takes forever and has AIDS level customer service.

Rosecrans

CPT
Supporter
Daps
Not a whole lot. I'm whittling down my collection little by little. Gonna focus on a handful of specific sets and players.

A lot of stuff is being sold right now as things have been going down but not much of what I've been looking for. I haven't bought much in the last year. :francis:
What have you been looking at? Pm me if you don’t wanna mention it

Just wanna learn the game I can’t afford those big cards you’re looking at anyway

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
What have you been looking at? Pm me if you don’t wanna mention it

Just wanna learn the game I can’t afford those big cards you’re looking at anyway
I'm looking at rare, singular insert sets by Panini and I'm picking up Panini One and One Golds periodically.

I hate what Panini does with all their popular inserts by running them into the ground and most of them keep the same look besides Aurora. For one offs, I really like 2020-21 Flux Full Capacity and 2018-19 Court Kings Galaxy of Stars.

Someone posted the lone PSA 10 Galaxy of Stars LeBron on Instagram and they aren't moving it. :francis:

It's tough to make money right now by flipping unless you're buying someone who hasn't broken out yet or a guy like Zion who people are still unsure of because of his injuries but still has that massive potential.

Wembenyama stuff could be a massive boost to the card game but Panini's release schedule is so fukked that there's no way they're gonna have much of anything out during his actual rookie season. :francis:

ReturnOfJudah

Veteran
Daps
11617680.jpeg

Rosecrans

CPT
Supporter
Daps
I’m dabbling in hockey and getting some metal universe precious metal gems numbered cards only of brothas in the sport

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
Because as slow as PWCC can be, Goldin is 10x worse. Those are the two main auction houses outside of eBay.

PWCC takes time but they're generally reliable and communicate pretty well. Goldin takes forever and has AIDS level customer service.

Now, they did a wire for me on Wednesday for $25, and they said I'd see the money in my account Wednesday night. Still no payment, so I'm going to assume it will be closer to next Wednesday as that seems like the day they process their bank wires. Never seen a bank wire end up taking days. Mine usually have gone same day.

I would say that I would use PWCC again, as it seems like my safest route for storage and selling, and at least I know what to expect in terms of payment and payment times. You did tell me multiple times about Probstein being quicker, but I wanted to go the safer route. At least I know now.

dizzy4111

All Star
Daps
Is PSA or BGS better for 90's basketball these days? I found a bunch of RC's and inserts at my parents place last week and there's a lot of gradeable stuff of stars in here that I forgot about

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
Man, I thought someone just made a nice offer on one of my Lamar cards, it turns out I was just looking at what my counter offer was.:francis:.

I was looking to accept the offer for a good minute or two.:mjlol:.