The Official Sports Card Discussion Thread

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
@Regular_P I got a question for you breh...On a card from another blaster i want ur advice on how to fix up the card...Some of these cards dont get cut very well.
I got a Bron holo but the bottom left corner on the edge has a piece from the card that was cut next to it,how do you take that off,im sure that would effect the grading ?
You have a pic of it? Like part of the border from another card? Is it cut a little and just didn't go through all the way?

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
You have a pic of it? Like part of the border from another card? Is it cut a little and just didn't go through all the way?

Its like a small divit from the card cut next to it at the bottom edge...its clearly not a apart of the card i have.I was thinking about taking some tweezers to it...

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Its like a small divit from the card cut next to it at the bottom edge...its clearly not a apart of the card i have.I was thinking about taking some tweezers to it...
I'd have to see a pic.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
320.00 for an optic fast break box?

PASS!

These boxes last year were going for under 100.00 before the hype...Im fuggin pissed i didnt buy more of them and not to open but to resell...

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
This hobby sucks

Bots, breakers, resellers, and Panini themselves have ruined the ability to purchase, break, and collect

425 for a box of Select...
Can’t even add to cart for Optic hobby...
No clue when Prizm hobby even released...
Distributing all your product to breakers who then charge rape prices...

I’m good. I’ll buy a few singles here and there, but in general, fukk this.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
This hobby sucks

Bots, breakers, resellers, and Panini themselves have ruined the ability to purchase, break, and collect

425 for a box of Select...
Can’t even add to cart for Optic hobby...
No clue when Prizm hobby even released...
Distributing all your product to breakers who then charge rape prices...

I’m good. I’ll buy a few singles here and there, but in general, fukk this.
The shytty part is because of the inflated box prices, single prices are going up as well. Everything got out of whack in the last year.

I've always been primarily a singles buyer but I liked picking up a box here and there, especially Prizm and Optic.

Right now, I think it's about finding what's undervalued. While everyone's focusing on Prizm/Optic/Chrome, eventually people will get priced out and look to something else. Rising tides lift all boats.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
These prices on optic and prizm cant last because we get to next year and theres no gen talent how can they justify selling prizm hobby boxes for 6-700...

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
The shytty part is because of the inflated box prices, single prices are going up as well. Everything got out of whack in the last year.

I've always been primarily a singles buyer but I liked picking up a box here and there, especially Prizm and Optic.

Right now, I think it's about finding what's undervalued. While everyone's focusing on Prizm/Optic/Chrome, eventually people will get priced out and look to something else. Rising tides lift all boats.

Revolution ? Mosaic ?

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Revolution ? Mosaic ?
I like Revolution and Galactics are already very popular. They have a decent number of parallels (fewer than Prizm, thank God) so will it trickle down?

Cosmics are numbered to 100 and Luka and Zion gems are going in the $400 range. If that was a Prizm, it'd be $5-10K. Sounds like a solid buy.

The one thing I could see holding it back is it's not as easy to differentiate between the parallels as the colored chrome cards.

I really like Court Kings. It isn't hugely valuable but it's one of Panini's best looking sets every year, imo. Completely unique too. It has four levels of RCs, with the Level IV ones being pretty rare. Insert and auto sets look great too.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
LeBron Topps Chrome RC PSA 10s are going for $7K. What a joke.