The Official Sports Card Discussion Thread

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
This is my thing about the hobby now,just because some cards are rare or had limited print runs doesnt mean they should be valued at 10k...Those 90s platinum medallions just went thru a rebirth a few months ago and basic ass random players were selling for hundreds simply because they were scarce ?
Same for modern cards too. An Orange Prizm Giannis RC shouldn't be $15K+ but that's what they're going for. Nothing makes sense right now. :yeshrug:

A Gold Prizm Zion went for almost $30K.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Same for modern cards too. An Orange Prizm Giannis RC shouldn't be $15K+ but that's what they're going for. Nothing makes sense right now. :yeshrug:

A Gold Prizm Zion went for almost $30K.

Yes i dont understand the newer cards being overvalued like this...A Zion silver prizm being more valuable than a Kobe topps chrome RC 3 months after its release...I love and hate how older and more rare gem mt rookies are valued...Its helluva alot easier to grab Wade,Chris Paul,Tim Duncan,Melo topps chrome rookies than it should be...Damn near impossible to get a Zion silver unless you pull from a pack...

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
Some of them still have value if they are in mint condition and graded...

I’d have to go through everything in the basement see what’s what.

I’m still haunted by not selling a gold Topps Jeter rookie for $250 in like ‘95. That’s like $450 in today’s money and it’s probably a $50 card now

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.

I’m still haunted by not selling a gold Topps Jeter rookie for $250 in like ‘95. That’s like $450 in today’s money and it’s probably a $50 card now

If its his 93 topps gold thats worth some money esp after he just got into the HOF...there was a recent spike in his RCs...I sold a 93 UD Jeter rookie PSA 10 a few months ago for 175.00 as a reference.

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
If its his 93 topps gold thats worth some money esp after he just got into the HOF...there was a recent spike in his RCs...I sold a 93 UD Jeter rookie PSA 10 a few months ago for 175.00 as a reference.

Yeah ‘93 Topps Gold. It’s been in some kind of plastic case for 27 years so I’ll have to see what condition it’s in haha

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Yeah ‘93 Topps Gold. It’s been in some kind of plastic case for 27 years so I’ll have to see what condition it’s in haha

If its clean and the corners are straight i would consider sending that to beckett or PSA for grading....if ur not sure if its worthy of grading post a pic...

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Yes i dont understand the newer cards being overvalued like this...A Zion silver prizm being more valuable than a Kobe topps chrome RC 3 months after its release...I love and hate how older and more rare gem mt rookies are valued...Its helluva alot easier to grab Wade,Chris Paul,Tim Duncan,Melo topps chrome rookies than it should be...Damn near impossible to get a Zion silver unless you pull from a pack...
Someone's eventually gonna get injured like Grant Hill, Penny or Derrick Rose. I wonder if that'll cause a correction to prices.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets

I thought rookie cards were supposed to increase in value, especially for elite HOF athletes. :dwillhuh:

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
I thought rookie cards were supposed to increase in value, especially for elite HOF athletes. :dwillhuh:

They do even the junk wax era stuff does but it has to be graded...Problem is early 90s stuff was so mass produced that the bottom fell out and most of it was worthless.

Still is but some of the key rookies that are slabbed and graded high hold some value....IE Derek Jeter,Griffey,Shaq, etc...

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Out 1 mega box i bought today :

Goddamn, you killed it. I love the way those My House inserts look.

I wish Panini made those tough hits. All their inserts in Prizm, Optic and Select have 10 parallels instead of being chase cards themselves.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
@Regular_P I got a question for you breh...On a card from another blaster i want ur advice on how to fix up the card...Some of these cards dont get cut very well.
I got a Bron holo but the bottom left corner on the edge has a piece from the card that was cut next to it,how do you take that off,im sure that would effect the grading ?