The Official Sports Card Discussion Thread

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
i remember being a kid and getting a box of baseball cards and spending hours flipping over looking at stats and ish

then started my basketball collection and used to pick up beckett etc.

sports cards are like art to me

El Guapo

Superstar
Daps
I didn’t know cards made a resurgence like that :whoo: My most valuable card as a kid was a Jaromir Jagr rookie card which I think topped off at $15 last time I checked (I don’t even know where it is anymore) :mjlol:

This thread got me thinking about collecting again. Looking at the upcoming NBA draft class, I might start with a LaMelo rookie card and hope for the best :lupe:

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Money in the bank. :yes:

Prizm's a tougher grade this year than it was last year. Cards I pulled this year weren't as clean.

I still can't believe Panini used the same image for Prizm and Optic for Ja. :beli:
Some real lazy stuff. Panini is WOAT

The Zion pic of him “hugging” the ball or doing the Tim Duncan pose or whatever for Optic is shyt, too

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Some real lazy stuff. Panini is WOAT

The Zion pic of him “hugging” the ball or doing the Tim Duncan pose or whatever for Optic is shyt, too
They have some sets with great photography and design but almost all of their rookie card photos are garbage. Compare the pics on rookie cards in baseball that Topps does to what Panini does with basketball and it's embarrassing.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
So i bought 3 boxes of NFL cards (2 illusions and one prestiege).

Got a christian miller rookie auto card and a jaylon feruson rookie auto card. Also got my first game worn patch card which is nice as fukk. Its Darnell Henderson.

With that said, i look all these up and they aint worth shyt :mjlol:

NBA trading cards is where its at. But its so hard to find retail boxes now a days :sadcam:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
So i bought 3 boxes of NFL cards (2 illusions and one prestiege).

Got a christian miller rookie auto card and a jaylon feruson rookie auto card. Also got my first game worn patch card which is nice as fukk. Its Darnell Henderson.

With that said, i look all these up and they aint worth shyt :mjlol:

NBA trading cards is where its at. But its so hard to find retail boxes now a days :sadcam:
Only buy Prizm or Optic if you're getting retail football.

Retail basketball is wiped out everywhere. Only thing left near me is Hoops and Donruss. :unimpressed:

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Finally got this one in. Just cleaned it and prepped for sub. Looks gem to me. I'll be furious if doesnt.

49640244421_cf94a60a27_b.jpg

That might be it for me this season. Wanted to get Ja and Zion holos. Would have been nice to get silvers of both but I'll just have to try and scoop up a Ja silver in the offseason.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
@Codeine Bryant I see Gary V is pumping Luka Optic and Hoops RCs. Guess Optic 10s went from like $150 to $450 in a week?
Yeah it’s wild

He was pumping up De’Aaron Fox for the last year

It seems like everything is on the rise right now. Luka, LeBron, KD, Giannis, Acuna... don’t know how sustainable this is

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Yeah it’s wild

He was pumping up De’Aaron Fox for the last year

It seems like everything is on the rise right now. Luka, LeBron, KD, Giannis, Acuna... don’t know how sustainable this is
I don't know but as long as he's hyping stuff up, the money is gonna keep flowing. He has 8 million followers on IG and when he says something, those prices bump up immediately.

I read he mentioned George Gervin (among others) today. I just sent a 1981 Topps PSA 10 of him to Probstein. I swear to God if it hits $200 or something ridiculous, I will die. :dead:

All the Trouts I picked up in the past few months have gone up. My 2011 Sterling went from $1,200 to over $2,000; Bowman Chrome went from $700 to $1,500; eTopps from $1,100 to about $2,000. The others I have all went up too.

I've been buying some Acunas that aren't on the radar yet like Bowman Chrome and Topps Chrome Update. With regular Updates going bonkers, those prices will trickle down to the others eventually, especially if he has a hot start to the season. I'm buying Bowman Chrome Refractors for less than what base Updates are going for and there's 11,000 PSA 10s of those.

I'd like to get some more Sotos but he's not as plentiful as Acuna right now.

Apparently he's been hyping up Hakeem RCs. I've been wondering when he would dip into the past after gassing all the current stars. He can get Luka base cards to $500+ then turn around a couple months from now and say look at what Duncan, Shaq, Wade, Dirk, Kobe, etc. did. They should be worth X amount and then the flood gates open into the past.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Man a nikka really gotta pay double for some nba optics and prizms online cuz them shyts dont exists in stores anymore :snoop:

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Man a nikka really gotta pay double for some nba optics and prizms online cuz them shyts dont exists in stores anymore :snoop:

I dont know what they are now but a few weeks ago blasters and megas were relatively reasonable...