The Official South Park: The Stick of Truth Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Are you buying South Park: The Stick of Truth next week?

• Hell yeah. Been waiting on this.

Votes: 20 55.6%
  • Naw. Next gen games only.

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Maybe. I'll wait till the review are out.

Votes: 11 30.6%

• Total voters

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
For a turn based game, it actually keeps you involved a lot, timing plays a big ass part when attacking and defending. I think somebody said it earlier, but if you've played the Paper Mario games, the turn based system is just like it.
I loved Mario RPG....paper Mario was crack as well

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
For a turn based game, it actually keeps you involved a lot, timing plays a big ass part when attacking and defending. I think somebody said it earlier, but if you've played the Paper Mario games, the turn based system is just like it.

I can't block most attacks to save my life. died twice last night :mindblown: any tips on how to block arrows or multiple hits. right now i just tap x and use my left analog. what am i doing wrong.

KingsnBucs1987

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indianapolis
I can't block most attacks to save my life. died twice last night :mindblown: any tips on how to block arrows or multiple hits. right now i just tap x and use my left analog. what am i doing wrong.
I swear the training shyt took me about 30-45 minutes cuz after a while something clicked and I got it down. Still get left like :dead: if they have a quick combo cuz they like to delay that shyt and throw timing off like it aint shyt.

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
I swear the training shyt took me about 30-45 minutes cuz after a while something clicked and I got it down. Still get left like :dead: if they have a quick combo cuz they like to delay that shyt and throw timing off like it aint shyt.

:myman:good to see im not the only one struggling with combat. blocking them arrows takes some skill. i gotta get used to this style of combat cause if it was on some street fighter shyt id be knocking heads off left and right. all this wait until your turn and timing shyt has taken me back a bit. need to practice some more i guess. :ehh:

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Beat it last night at 12 hrs. Ridiculously short for an RPG, but not really too much of an RPG IMO. Still a fun experience. A couple settings for boss battles n shyt are gonna have y'all rollin.

8.5/10

:salute:

What class did you use? Any tips on combat and how to block multiple arrows or combo hits?

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
I was a thief. You just have to hit the button each time it lights up under your feet. I don't really get what your problem is honestly

Right now when arrows come at me or im getting hit i just tap x and move the analog in the direction they r coming at me but i keep getting hit, so i figured im doing something wrong. if the white circle under me lights up i didn't notice it. i guess thats my problem. i'ma look for that when i get home:salute:again.

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
You just have to hit the button each time it lights up under your feet.

Okay, I get it now. When the circle pops up under you you have to tap x quickly. I guess I was using the left analog for nothing. :yeshrug:I'm going HAM on these fukkers tonight:takedat:

Randy Marsh

what seems to be the officer, problem?
Daps
Reppin
South Park
Beat it last night at 12 hrs. Ridiculously short for an RPG, but not really too much of an RPG IMO. Still a fun experience. A couple settings for boss battles n shyt are gonna have y'all rollin.

8.5/10

What the fukk do you do when you go into the dwarf hole in your room? I just keep getting killed by the mousetrap can't find shyt to shoot or use magic on either. :what:

edit: forget about it ... i just had to walk round it, was stuck on that shyt for 30 mins. :snoop:

Last edited:

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
What the fukk do you do when you go into the dwarf hole in your room? I just keep getting killed by the mousetrap can't find shyt to shoot or use magic on either. :what:

edit: forget about it ... i just had to walk round it, was stuck on that shyt for 30 mins. :snoop:
Breh. You're right about to be at one of the most :dead: moments of the whole game.